Saffron in Mixes

Has anyone used saffron to flavour their liquid?
Been thinking of adding a couple of Saffron threads to a cream to impart its unique straw almost honey like taste.
Be interested to hear your thoughts or experience?

3 Likes

Sounds like an awesome idea! Watching this thread with anticipation…I’ll bet it would be heavenly!

1 Like

Am thinking it would need heating to infuse? Maybe a couple of strands in a small amount of heated pg/vg to make a concentrate of sorts? Just throwing it out there :+1:

1 Like

I have some, here are two that I use the most,

FA Saffron unlike most FA concentrates is a bit weaker than normal so starting out at 4% is not unusual and no danger of being too strong.

4 Likes

Whoooop! I hadn’t realised FA do a concentrate. I’ve just messaged them to see if they can add it to the order I made Friday as it hasn’t shipped yet. Fingers crossed…this has got me very excited so thanks for the heads up :+1::smiley::blush:

3 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches didn’t realise that FA stocked this! Doh!
I should really double check before I post! Lol

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to buy it but have been too chicken each time. Glad @Beaufort_Batches you’ve used it I’ll have to get some Saffron and then come bother you :wink:

3 Likes

FA just contacted me and said they’d sort it! Excited :laughing: And thanks @Chewy for starting the thread - neither of us would have known else :+1::smiley:

4 Likes

It all came about as I wasp repairing dinner and I glanced at some saffron in the cupboard which got me thinking? Lol
It’s a very subtle but versatile spice that really works well in creams and custards.
And I am pretty sure with the very talented mixers on here, can exploit it’s uses to the max!
Now the painful part, to my wallet again! Another flavour order! Lol

3 Likes

I love everything about Saffron - the smell, taste, colour. And you are right, it works brilliantly in creams. You are a star for coming up with this idea for a vape - it’s never even entered my head before :+1::smiley:

2 Likes