Sale only allowed in the United States?

After a lot of procrastination I eventually decided to buy the Innokin Ares V2 and received it on Wednesday.

I haven’t built it yet but just decided to give it a proper examination, which included the box for some strange reason. Probably like most I couldn’t care less about a box as long as it contains it’s contents correctly.

I live in Australia and bought it from a reputable Australian retailer who I have used before on many occasions. I’ve also checked the “scratch and sniff “ code and it’s definitely authentic according to that. It appears perfect in every way and exactly like all pictures and reviews I have watched or read.
Therefore I’ve zero concerns on the product authenticity or the retailer I bought it from. In fact the contrary applies as I’m looking forward to trying it and appreciate how the vendor has dealt with my little bit of business.

But once reading the box I noticed there’s a sticker applied which reads, and I quote “Sale only allowed in the United States”.

Considering I bought this in Australia and it’s authentic I’m a tad confused as obviously it wasn’t bought in the United States. If the sale of vaping merchandise was only allowed worldwide in the USA I’d understand it but that’s not the case and it’s perfectly legal to buy this particular product within Australia.

In all honesty I couldn’t care less what’s written on the box as long as it works somewhere near what I expected but I am wondering why it’s there in the first place.

Was this particular RTA originally destined for the USA but somehow managed to make it to Australia or something similar?

7 Likes

It’s probably just not packaged as TPD compliant. I’ve seen numerous TPD variants of RTAs and RDAs (?!) where I couldn’t spot any difference in what’s in the package.

8 Likes

It’s probably CYA protocol.

7 Likes

I didn’t think of that and it is the 4ml variant but there’s more countries than the USA that don’t have to concern themselves with that stupid collection of rules.

3 Likes

Excuse my ignorance but what’s CYA?

4 Likes

He’s saying it’s probably on there as a “Cover Your Ass” disclaimer.

6 Likes

Yep. It’s common. Bikes with labels stating that it’s dangerous to ride them at night or not to let toddlers to play with razors. It’s not there to protect the idiots of the world.

8 Likes

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” - Douglas Adams.

9 Likes

I feel like an idiot of the world now for not realizing that!

3 Likes

No, it just means you’re not as jaded as others.

6 Likes

I remember sometime in the past reading that about 30% of the cost (not the selling price) of most ladders were because of lawsuits…people try to do things with ladders that are just plain foolish…and then they blame the ladder manufacturer.

3 Likes

Not surprised by that. Tort law is a massive business in the US. At least we’re not like the Romans who were just as litigious if not more so. A loss in court then often led to exile or death. Hmmm, now that I think about it…

4 Likes