Salt nic for 12-15mg diy ejuice?

Trying to decide on freebase or salt nic nicotine for my future diy juices. I’d like a smooth as possible, least throat hit but also great flavors from maybe even complex recipes down the road. So does a lower nicotine salt, say in 12-15mg range, negatively effect flavor of a ejuice recipe?

Most info on web has said yes that salt nic in the 35-50mg range hinders flavor so to crank up flavor percentage and use simpler recipes because that’s what most salt nic juices are, in that higher mg range and to use freebase when nic range is 3-9mg because it won’t effect flavors but 12mg and above starts to get harsh and can taste nicotine.

I would just like to get the smoothness of salt nic, in a lower mg nicotine level but not if salt nic even in lower concentrations negatively effects flavor. Also will it be ok to use in pod device (geekvape boost 2) that runs at 54w @ .2ohm I believe, Geekvape B coils.

3 Likes

@JABS I think it comes down to what STYLE vaping you do. Just MTL and/or Pods, then Salts would be fine, BUT, if you DTL / Subohm then Freebase might be better. I can’t vape Salts, regardless of the acid used, as I get coughing fits.

If you’re pushing up into the 35-50mg Salts range, yeah, that sounds like MTL Pods, and you would probably have to push the flavor higher.

Now, all things being equal, you COULD mix both low and high NIC mixes with BOTH Salts and Freebase, but I still think HOW you vape will determine what you buy.

4 Likes

Appreciate the reply, not quite sure that answers it for.me. are there any negatives to using salt nic to make my own 12-15mg ejuice?

3 Likes

I mix my salts at 9mg with no negative impact on flavor. I honestly doubt the results would be any different at 12-15 mg. I do only use smooth salts.

3 Likes

I get a severe runny nose when i use salts. Anything over 40 watts use freebase if you are under that he will be fine

3 Likes

Yeah you will be good as i have mixed up as high as 12 mg for a friend and no negative impact on flavor. He vapes at 17w so if that helps

4 Likes

So temp/wattage is a limiting factor as well for salts? I currently use a geekvape boost 2 that uses .2 ohm coil and smart mode sets watts at 54w. Also plan on getting either a rda or rdta to put on a ipv5. I imagine that will be using higher than 40w. I just don’t want to be limited to something like 40w

2 Likes

I mix with salts for my cousin and she uses 9mg at 50-60w on drop in coils. If you order smooth salts you’ll be fine.

5 Likes

I have used salts up to 50w on my steamcrave supreme with a mesh build . I was fine and it was 5mg. The only way you will know what you can handle is mix a small batch and get puffing.

4 Likes