Saving and using stones in recipes

The One Shot/Stone/Flavor Base you’ve got is of your own recipe. What if you’re wanting to do one of someone else’s recipe? Is that allowed? It seems weird for me to do a Rhodonite or Bust-a-Nut Flavor Base. If it is allowed (and not weird), how is it done?

2 Likes

Not sure exactly what your trying to do… if you want to adjust total the flavor percentage of a complete recipe, just click the wrench and you can do that

3 Likes

Customizing on the fly like that, is an INTERESTINGLY good usage of a Stone @FL_Vaper. There are many reasons to use Stones, and your response above, was actually simply great.

I use them out of laziness most times. I probably have about (16) 500-1000ml stones at any time just for ease of use.

Since Lars provided us the super duper “folder” feature, you could create a folder for each of your two “differing levels” customers and make it even easier.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m wanting to save Flavor Bases, as you call them. Then I want to print out the saved Flavor Bases so I can pull the flavors I need so I can make them. And I don’t want to print them individually - because of what I said earlier about my printer, I need to find some way to print the Flavor Base recipes on a single page. (or on as few pages as possible). Copy/paste is just one way I was thinking of, if there’s some other way to do it, I’m all ears.

I would like to make multiple Stones/Flavor Bases (it would be nice if you all would agree on a term for them!) :wink: and then from there figure out how much person A and person B need to have the % adjusted to, since our palates are so different. It’s going to take some experimenting. That’s why I can’t just click the Wrench icon and go immediately to adjust the % in a recipe. I haven’t a clue.

How do I get to this folder area you’re talking about?

(Remember, I’m wanting to make/save Stones of other people’s recipes, not my own creations).

2 Likes

3 Likes

You may have skipped over the part where I’m wanting to print multiple Stones on a single page. My Laser Printer (which is a WHOPPING two years old) is demonically possessed, or something. It thinks it’s printing, when it isn’t, so I have to shut off my computer, then my printer and then start my computer back up and then my printer whenever this happens. It’ll then cough out some (but not all) of the pages it thought it had been printing earlier. It’s a real PITA.

I figured I would save myself SOME of this pain if I could cram as many Stone recipes on as few pages as possible to avoid this process. Is this possible? Has any tried this? I’ve tried Copy/Pasting, which hasn’t worked for me so far, which I don’t get since you’re given the option to copy the recipe in so many formats. There’s got to be someplace that allows you to paste it correctly!!!

(whew) Sorry for the rant. I’ve been trying to come at this from so many directions, and have failed utterly. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

3 Likes

I can’t help you on printing as my printer never works. I do save all my recipes on three devices and also save to notes as simple text,

ELEMENT Pink Lemonade clone (adapted for Allen)
1.00% Dragonfruit (TPA)
0.07% Lemon (MF)
4.00% Lemonade (Natural) (FW)
1.00% Lime (INAWERA)
1.50% Marshmallow (TPA)
1.00% Super Sweet (CAP)
2.50% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
2.00% Sweet Tangerine (CAP)
1.00% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
Flavor total: 14.07%

magic carpet ride
60.00% Bavarian Cream (SC) (WF)
26.67% Dark Chocolate (MF)
6.67% Sweet Cocoa (SSA)
6.67% Sweet Coconut (Flavorah)
Flavor total: 100.01%

magic carpet ride adapt to 2.5%
1.49% Bavarian Cream (SC) (WF)
0.66% Dark Chocolate (MF)
0.18% Sweet Cocoa (SSA)
0.18% Sweet Coconut (Flavorah)
Flavor total: 2.51%

4 Likes

Lol…Um how about One Shots ?? We can call them that ? Oh wait they already are . Stones was a 2015 term then Flavor Based etc now they ate commonly known ad one shots

5 Likes

I use a few in stones in my personal blends but I generally keep them out of my public ones, so others can make them, if they want to: Having to make their own versions of 27 flavour and 4 terpene mixes is a bit much.

1 Like