Saving and using stones in recipes

I believe I have a mango base I’d like to use as a stone:

I get how to create a one shot/stone by using the wrench and clicking make one shot. But I’ve searched and can’t figure out how to then add the one shot I’ve created to recipes. Is there a way to save it? Also, so once I’ve created this stone, per the recipe i would use 5.7% of this in a recipie?

5 Likes

Yes…or you can use it as a concentrate and lower it as an accent …The 5.7 will get you base to be the top note in a recipe …

As far as saving if I remember correctly it should save to your stash…Maybe

3 Likes

Yeah that is where I am getting stuck at. Not seeing it in my stash.

2 Likes

Damn i just did a test and yi4ur right there isnt a save option…I think maybe I took the new numbers and save as recipe if that makes sense

2 Likes

But then you can’t create a new recipe with the stone and say, add cream.

3 Likes

Shit your right…Because it has to saved to your flavor stash not you recipes …@Daath @Sprkslfly @TorturedZen these guys will be a4vle to HELP…I cannot Remember how I got stones in my flavor stash

2 Likes

Here’s your Stone :call_me_hand: ,

I just created a recipe using your stone at 100% flavor all pg and then created a flavor in the data base :ok_hand:

Here’s the recipe I used to create the Stone

6 Likes

So you do have to create as a recipe first ??

4 Likes

It would be easier to create one shot / stone then have that " add to flavor stash " on same page after saved…@daath

3 Likes

Yeah, you need a recipe to mix up the Stone / Base, you really don’t need to save it as a flavor in the database unless you care to share it with others, I just keep stones as a recipe in a separate folder on my recipe page,

2 Likes

Nice smart idea…The reason I like them in my flavor stash is bc I xan use the lower and higher and add them to the recipe as a flavor…

4 Likes

I just dont remember how I git them in my flavor stash its been so long

3 Likes

Yeah if it’s in your flavor stash as a Flavor, you still have to mix it up first. You can use the create one shot feature, but I just use adjust total flavor percentage feature and adjust to 100%, zero Nic, 100% Pg and save :ok_hand:

4 Likes

You need create a recipe and enter your Stone as a flavor and it will be added to the database. Then make sure you go to that new flavor that you created in the database and enter notes / flavors / percentages for others to use if wanted. Here’s one I use my Bubblegum Base in,

4 Likes

Also if you Don’t want to create a Flavor in the database or share your Stone, you can just use a Substitute flavor in place of your Stone when mixing a recipe,
ie, use Apple (Flavorah) @5.7% in place of Scifoc’s Mango Stone :ok_hand:

4 Likes

You’re just begging me to pick up several stones and throw them at your windows…

1. “if you Don’t want to create a Flavor in the database”
  • ANY entry you make, goes into the database. As a publicly viewable flavor.
  1. “you can just use a Fictitious flavor”
  • so. Suggesting people intentionally pollute the database?
    Thanks. I can’t TELL you how much I appreciate that. :rage:
  1. I have practically BEGGED from very early on (in trying to clean up the mess) that if you’re going to create a custom flavor entry, that it be done with “obviously identifiable means” (loosely paraphrased).
    Meaning:
    DO use the word STONE.
    DO use the word BASE.
    DO use your username, or other proper name.

I’ve also warned that if you DO NOT want to follow the above suggestions, don’t come crying to me later that your shit got merged because it wasn’t easily understood that it was a (and here’s the key word) VALID custom entry!!!

I’ve seen and fixed far too many bullshit entries over the years, thanks to “a moment of comic genius”, or ardent sarcasm, or intentionally creating stress and work thanks to being pissed at the forum, or at another user, or just being an asshat in general.

4 Likes

OK… I could have been a little friendlier there. But when you basically said “just put anything” (by choosing the word fictitious), I was just floored.

What really put me out in left field though is it was coming from someone that’s been here more than long enough (years) and has more than a vague idea what a battle the flavor database has been.

4 Likes

:rofl: Take A chill pill dude :crazy_face:
…Ok, I used the wrong terminology from what I actually meant, sorry :pray:
there I fixed it :ok_hand:
My sincere apologies

2 Likes

But if it’s saved as a recipe like you’ve suggested, is there any way to modify the flavor percentages like @fidalgo_vapes was talking about? I’m mixing for two people - each who have a hard time tasting things, but to differing levels. If I save and mix up a One Shot/Stone it would let me increase by x% for person A and by y% for person B. I’m not seeing how I could do that if I saved a Stone as a recipe, unless I’m missing something. :frowning: (but I can’t see any way to save a Stone) :confused:

Edit: Hell, I’d be happy if I could find a way to copy/paste the Stone into a text editor so I could print several of them off to pull the flavors I need. My printer is recently possessed and not letting me print more than a few pages before I have to restart both it and my computer, so need to cram as much info onto each page as I can get.

3 Likes

Yes, you can enter the OneShot/Stone or Flavor Base as I call it at any percentage in a recipe if you have it pre- mixed up as a flavor concentrate, just enter it in the recipe as you would any other flavor at whatever percentage you choose :ok_hand:

3 Likes