School Stinks!

Thanks for the sympathies and smiles. Two tests this week means I’ve pretty much had no life and no sleep. LoL. I must be really stressed cuz I am blowing through juice like there’s no tomorrow. I gotta find some time to mix or I’m gonna be in trouble! :wink:

7 Likes

It will ease up eventually giving you more time doing other stuff besides school stuff.
And try not to stress. Vape and Chill. :smile:

2 Likes

So it’s solar powered? Where’s the digital display?

2 Likes

The first thing I did after finishing the required psych classes I had to take was to self medicate with enough high grain alcohol as possible so as to lobotomize myself. The faster you can unlearn that crap the better! :slight_smile: Well, that’s just my opinion, but I do think it’s mostly a crock of steaming poopoo.

4 Likes

I won’t be using most of this stuff anyways! I am not going to be a psychologist or psychiatrist so I won’t be diagnosing anyone, but I do plan on becoming an addiction and recovery counselor (substance abuse counselor) so that I can help people who want to help themselves! I love helping people (even though it has bitten me in the ass several times in my life, because of stupid people who like to take advantage of another’s kindness)…I have a natural need to want to help and take care of people, but I don’t like to baby or coddle them, I want to give them the tools they need to succeed, or at least show them that they are capable of great things if they dig deep inside themselves and find their courage to change…it is not an easy road by any means, but it is possible, and some people just need a little help and guidance along the way. I think I would be good at that!

3 Likes

I am certain of it.

2 Likes

I have no doubt. And people like you are very special in my eyes. My wife has worked with people with mental illness and developmental disability for years…like 30 years. It’s amazing to see the joy she brings to their lives, and her tirelessness when I would be drained after just one day. You guys have all my respect.

I still hate psychology though. That and philosophy classes both made my brain hurt!

But nothing is worse than Medieval literature! I threw more than one book.

2 Likes

Oh yes, and epic poems!!![quote=“SthrnMixer, post:27, topic:85964”]
people like you are very special in my eyes.
[/quote]

Thanks for that! That makes me feel really good!

Wow…and it is people like your wife who inspire me to want to be like them! That will be me someday, saying that I have been helping people live happier, fuller lives for over 30 years!!!

2 Likes

I am just proud your powering thru being a single parent isn’t easy and then going to school on top of it. I myself am absent these days w/ starting work and just settling in w/ the move. I wish I was better at math lol practice makes perfect doesn’t it. Stay strong super mom !

4 Likes

Ditto to what @Amy2 said…I couldn’t imagine doing all of this being a single mom too…I am lucky to have my husband to help…so that really speaks to how strong of a person you really are!!! You can do it! Believe in yourself, because we all believe in you!!!

3 Likes

Psychology classes are pretty much required (in my opinion) for any job where you have to work with people. I honestly think they should do more than skim the surface of it even in High School. If you don’t at least attempt to understand a persons state of mind it’s kind of difficult to accomplish anything lol

1 Like

Hang in there JoJo and just keep your eye on the prize. Wish you lived near me I would mix you up some big bottles to ensure you didnt have to worry about finding the time for it.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the cheers, guys, it’s been so nice. Been a rough couple weeks. Some tough tests and some not-so-great grades have me a little freaked out. I feel like I’m playing catch-up everywhere…all my classes and here! LoL. I think there’s like 150K new posts or something :stuck_out_tongue: I’m gonna need a lot of coffee this weekend.

2 Likes

The journey of 10,000 miles begins with the first step…
Never fear the appearance of the size of the journey or you may miss the beauty along the way.

4 Likes

No problem in this day and age…everyone is a nutcase.

2 Likes