Searching for that white in soft peppermint candy

I have been working on a soft peppermint candy and almost have it down. You know those round cheap soft ones? Flv marshmallow vanilla works well but isn’t quite there. Can any suggest something else? Maybe candy roll?

3 Likes

not sure how much mm van you are using… but cotton candy goes hand in hand… candy roll will add some shine, used in low low amounts… like .12% to .2% anything higher will distort the flavor… I would say add a cream… pick one! :stuck_out_tongue: not sure what else you have… but hope this helps… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The first thoughts that come to my mind are from the recent exchange between MysticRose and Beaufort_Batches…
Purilum Butter Mint and Bickford Butter Mint (respectively).

I added both to my shopping list because I love butter mints. And my tastes usually align pretty well with theirs.

6 Likes

Purilum butter mint with just a few minor tweaks would probably get you there

5 Likes

Purilum Butter Mint @4%

6 Likes

Mmmmm, I would NOT have thought to try that. I think it’s brilliant @Sprkslfly.

4 Likes

I did something similar I guess, I used the underrated Creme de Menthe by TPA and a Mint found here in Italy that’s a straight mint, nothing fancy, so Purilum would do.
Think about using FLV Creme de menthe as well… as @anon84779643 said sugars and candy are the key rather than mints, my wife had the real thing in hand so I could compare (I rarely eat sweets or candies) , if can be of any inspiration to you here you go:

4 Likes

From memory I think it was HIC that had a bang on mint tic tac (if you didn’t want to dev it yourself)

7 Likes

You guessed it Simon, I remember that recipe, but also the thinking process at the time and thinking: No chance that’s got Vanilla in it nor anise but liquorice. I didn’t think it was spot on compared to the real thing, . sooner or later I’ll improve it.
When my wife bought it (400 flavours and 5 years later… :rofl: ) I thought: here we go… and made the above… :+1:

4 Likes