Seen this before? clear VG turns yellowish after mixing

no, you’re right. my bad. the last mix i did was yesterday right before i started the thread. and i started with VG and PG only, then stirred, still clear - after the side-by-side test, this was how i confirmed it was the VG - i think i mentioned this correctly in the first post so let me correct it again here (thank you for catching that)

it was only when i add “anything” that the mix starts getting yellowish … and that’s what confused me originally and got me to suspect it was either the flavors or the nic.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know. If it were me, there would be an internal war being waged. One part of me, the cheap skate, would be like; " don’t throw it away, you paid money for it " the other part of me, the cautious side, would be like; " you don’t want to get ill, your a big baby when your ill " The other couple of personalities will pick sides.

10 Likes

hilarious!

and my ex-smoker is like “dude, we ingested much worse than this for decades!”

7 Likes

but seriously, i think it’s more of my curious side than my cheap side that wants to know.

4 Likes

Personally vg is cheap, I wouldn’t mix with it but would explore another use for it.

3 Likes

Well said. There are many uses for VG. Like making soap…

2 Likes

I have seen liquids turn to golden yellow right after the mix but for me was the combination with specific flavours that make it happen. When I add the nic which is diluted in VG turn to this yellow just after I stirr it.

4 Likes

This is real fine VG. I’ve also tried soy glycerin and I believe there is coconut derived glycerine. Palm based glycerin from the gly cube is the best from everything I’ve ever used. Palm is also a little sweeter and thicker than that of soy btw

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I just placed my order for 4g. They are honoring the discount until 10pm EST. Shipping is around $20 to FL, but I had to try the Best VG in the States!

Does this stuff perform/taste better than the average vendors’ VG, or is it more about the transparency of specs/method?

3 Likes

Dr. Bo sez… take on of those inflatable rafts the kids use at the beach (single width) …inflate …put in bathtub (large tub with handicap rails :wink:) Get in with Significant Other. Poor over your heads and try to hold on as tight as you can (see? handicap rails?) Safety First!
Step 2. Order VG from someone else or report Lot# to Vendor and let us know how that went

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on what is better about it? I’ll find out myself in about a week, but curious about your statement.

3 Likes

already did explain.

2 Likes

It’s been years since I tried any other VG. When I first learned of a glycube I had only purchased maybe 1 gallon total of VG. I was really quite new to DIY and didn’t even know there was a difference.

So I will be interested to see if it “performs” better.

BTW for 5 dollars a month, you can become a greener life member and always get a discount on your PG and VG.

3 Likes

Me, too! I’ll do a “test” and see how it “compares” to NR’s VG. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not just good but one also gets a fine product in 4 gallons relatively cheap.

2 Likes

Vg makes a great bubble solution if you have kids…

3 Likes

Kids? Hell, now I gotta go make a wire loop.

4 Likes

The old lava lamps were made with VG too weren’t they?

2 Likes

Interesting … I’ll have to check into that… So many things have VG and PG in them , b4 vaping I had NO clue what either were or what the were used for .

2 Likes

thanks all for your thoughts and suggestions … all good ideas :slight_smile:

just did another side-by-side test - so just for the records and others in future if someone sees the same thing, took a picture and sharing it here with you guys …
these are both fresh mixes just done now - exactly the same recipe. a simple SB cheesecake with 1% nic - 60/40 mix.

the bottle on the left is the VG being investigated - the bottle on the right is the last of an old VG from another brand that i had - i placed an order for some other VG but have to wait till next week to get it - i hope the pic shows OK.

side-by-side%20Test2

7 Likes