Selective vapour's tongue?

Hi all, me again.

So is there something like “selective” vapour’s tongue or is there blindness to other flavours other than strawberry? I’ve now in the last two days come across as many flavours I cannot taste at all. The first was CAP Sweet Guava and the second FA Blueberry juicy ripe.

The sweet guava was mixed at 7% in a single flavour mix and the blueberry juicy ripe was mixed at 2%, also in a single flavour mix and I cannot taste either. I’m not getting any flavour…Nothing! Nada! Ziltch! Zip! Zero. All I get is the slight sweetness from the VG.

Both are mixed 70/30 and tested in a Dead Rabbit V3 with fresh cotton through fused clapton coils at 55w.

YET, I have no problem tasting any other already mixed juices. And for the record, I can taste strawberry just fine.

9 Likes

Drink some water or the beverage of your choice. It will flush the over saturation of flavors in your mouth. If you could taste it before your not blind.
It’s one of the reasons I keep 40 mixed bottles next to me and never stay with one mix too long. It’s called vapors tongue :tongue:.

8 Likes

I’ve never mixed them before. This is the first time @rcleven . I’ve tried clearing my palette and even switched between desserts and other fruit vapes and no problems tasting them. I’m not even getting anything from the drop test. I find it so strange. If it was from the same company/supplier, I could maybe still suspect a bad batch, but it’s two different flavour houses and two different suppliers. The guava was purchased last weekend and the blueberry during the week.

4 Likes

Are you shaking your new flavors before adding them to your mix? Flavors that haven’t been used for awhile have a tendency to settle. Most Guava’s are weak to start with. Blueberry’s not so much. Should be able to taste that.

6 Likes

That’s become habit, yes. I also shake all mixed juices (DIY and commercial) before dripping into tanks/droppers before vaping.

Have you got either of the two flavours?

6 Likes

Got more flavors than I care to admit and always adding more. Don’t vape guava myself. I make it for my daughter who never smoked in her life.
She vapes when stressed.

5 Likes

Some flavors need a longer steep and some will dissappear for several days and the then suddenly come back with a bang. Don’t give up on a sft before 30 days, then decide. Cap sweet guava does well for me at 4%, some flavors mute if used too high.

8 Likes

Thank you for the advice regarding the guava. I’ll mix another 5ml at 4% and give it a few days. Thanks @Letitia

7 Likes

I get VT after 120mls of anything I vape. I am a Bakery dude, but throw a Fruit Mix in every and again just to keep things all good.

9 Likes

Wow…2 very bold flavors

7 Likes

Maybe the maltol in both flavours are cancelling each other. Try subbing out the blueberry juicy with a plain apple and see if the flavour picks up. Even a blackcurrant or blackberry w should help the guava flavour

6 Likes

I literally alternate all day between the two. Usually start the morning with a dessert with my coffee and around lunch time I’m on fruits or beverages and at night seem to migrate back to desserts. I have 3 mods on me constantly, each with their own juice.

4 Likes

They’re two seperate, single flavour mixes @Jetz

4 Likes

Sadly, im muted in several categories. Butter is the random one.

When i get vapors tongue, i switch the eliquid im using to a random one. Usually very vibrantly violent. Then ill eat spicy food, drink some coffee, eat pickles or anything pickled, scrap my tongue and do this until my palate restarts. It sucks when im enjoying a flavor and it goes mute. Do it all the time

6 Likes