Selling ejuice prior to 8/8/16

What would be a fair price selling ejuice to family and friends? 30ml for 5, 10, 15 US. With all things considered? Of course I pif all day long, but it gets alittle hard with limited supplies. I now have 5 people asking to buy and one offered 25 and I was like no…that’s way to much.

Obviously after 8/8/16 I would have to teach people as a service without handling anything for anyone.

i charge $10 per 30ml. Glass bottles, printed color labels. My people seem to like it and its still cheaper then a shops prices

That’s what I was thinking. I just want to be fair about it and be reasonable. Taking into consideration time effort and materials.

That is about what i figure for just quick easy side money.
Most of what ive sold was recipes i had made prior to selling them. A few were requested along the way but not enough to become bothersome. I think total price is around like $2.50 - $4.00 range for all ingredients and bottle and label combined so i just call it an even 10. Covers my expenses and some extra money on top.

2 Likes

What do u use to do labels?

The labels i have are Avery brand sold at walmart printable labels.
$4 for 150 labels (1" x 2 5/8") 16460 product #, and they have free software online to design the label with either templates of start from blank. These will bleed if u get juice on them. However Avery also makes the exact same label in a clear version. So i print and stick as normal on the white labels then stick the clear version right over it as a laminate layer

2 Likes

I say get what you can lol…I just made it for my kids to keep them off the butts.

1 Like

It’s kind of a guilt thing because all my knowledge I’ve gotten from here and vu has been free. Since I solo mix I’m sure I’m not at the low end of pricing at 1.50. And I now spend 4 hours mixing every two weeks plus 4 hours or more researching flavors so I don’t have to dump a mix.

Plus all my time here having fun. So the guy told me he’d pay 20, I told him 10 and reviewed how to learn how to DIY to do it for cheaper. Turns out he tried before and failed but makes his own coils. Sadly I have not interest in zipper or alien coils.

2 Likes

A suggestion, if HE feels like he is taking advantage of you because of the low price, still sell it for 10 dollars but tell him “… 10 dollars and 2 xxx coils” have him make 2 coils you would use… even if they are just simple single strand wires. He will fill as if he is getting a better deal, you’ll get a couple coils that you may use at a later time… if your not building already, just toss the coils in a small little stash box, some time when someone else is purchasing off you might mention needing some coils and there ya are to save their day.

7 Likes

Good point. Allowing a person to share.

Very good point!!!

2 Likes

Some of the people that buy juice off me also have me make and wick their coils for them lol idk why they just dont care to learn so they always come at me with random trades or a few bucks here n there for coils and stuff like that too. Tried teaching thrm but some just refuse to learn.

1 Like

It’s all about laziness my friends…why do we go to mcds or Texas roadhouse…because we don’t wanna take the time to do it ourselves.

1 Like

Pricing works two ways …you have to continue being motivated to mix and they have to motivated to buy again. I say 50% of the retail price ($10) that’ll keep them motivated, and you shouldn’t feel guilty that it only cost you 49 cents in liquids, you get paid for your expertise/time/raw materials (scale/pipettes/paper towels/bottles/labels all adds up)

2 Likes

What i did was offer $10 per 30ml… Then, to encourage return business i told them if they bring me a new customer theyll get $1 off each after that. I have one customer that only pays $7 a bottle, but he also has more than covered that little loss with the extra people. Word of mouth is good and the discount insentive helps that along :wink:

3 Likes

Heh maybe get some buckets of peanuts (folks outside US Texas Roadhouse has buckets of free peanuts on the table)

3 Likes