Selling recipes to local shops?

I’ve seen in a few places where a few forum members have sold recipes to their local vape shops.

How do you guys go about doing this…?

What is the process for getting the shop interested?

Do you take a handful of samples with you and just say “Hey, I mix my own flavors, wanna try 'em?! How about I sell this recipe to ya?”

What’s the 411 here? Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Whatever gets their interest then more power to ya. Just make sure it’s actually YOUR recipe and not someone else’s.

12 Likes

@Wombatred26 you could use the oldest trick in the book. Load up your favorite flavor chucker, walk in, and start throwing flavor clouds. You could be like the Pied Piper if all goes well.

8 Likes

Once you pass @TorturedZen’s prereq.

… and all DOES go well, you might want to have some 30ml 0 NIC bottles, just in case. I’ve done it.

4 Likes

I have done this too… as well as sell juice and shots to local b&m… make sure you get your money up front… before giving the recipe…

Charge what you will… if they are interested, they will come off with the funds.

7 Likes

CONTRACT !!! I think @anon84779643’s had some dealings in this matter as well. Up front, or IN writing I always say !!!

4 Likes

^^^
This

The same way they get you interested in their juices, start up a conversation and let them taste to convince them. They may own a shop but they’re just regular people like you and me.

^^^
This! Don’t give away anything for free but a few samples.
Having those recipes on your public ELR profile also won’t help or they might check for the sake of it, not buy and just steal your recipes.

6 Likes

and they will steal or attempt to clone too…
is one reason why I do not sell anything local any longer.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Of course!! I’m no plaigerist!! That’s just theft by another name!!

3 Likes

Good advice!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the advice. If there’s anything else anyone can suggest, I’m open to further advice. I’ve never done anything like this before but the one’s who’ve tasted what I’ve done have had positive feedback so I thought I’d ask for future reference :blush::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I helped develope a line locally …I knew the owner and their house juice was discontinued …The owner knew I was making my own and actually often traded me harfware for liquid…He asked me to help . These days though I couldnt imagine many shops doing their own line in house , one shots would ve ideal IF THEY sold the base and Nic packs as well

6 Likes

One of our local shops does have their own, in house mixing room. They sell nic shots and unflavored base as well.

Only problem is of the only 20 flavors they have on offer, we bought 4 (no sampling allowed, unfortunately).

None of them, I repeat, NONE of the four VERY DIFFERENT flavors had any taste!!!

They were so bland my unflavored VG/PG/nic is better tasting!!

We were SO disappointed! We were used to the house juices at the place we moved from. SO flavorful and distinctly different from each other.

4 Likes

I would take a hand full of different liquids , all different profiles …Fruit and Cream , Bakery desert type , Something with cooling and have them test …Then get the deal written up and have is signed and notoraized

The Notary really helps seal the deal , no questions if things take off and they try to stiff you …No need for contract if they are buying the recipes out right

6 Likes

I used to sell my shots by the gallon… but then again, my shots are always different. I go by size whereas most go by percentage in a bottle… :slight_smile:

I do agree… the b&m’s should have had shot/base/nic packs… they would have made more off those than the chitty juices being sold.

5 Likes

Me too, lol

5 Likes