Shall we play a game?

Yeah, not any of those… I was thinking something like a monthly Mix the Recipe thread. Ill pick a recipe from a dessert recipe and we post our versions of it. From the minimalist to the complextionist, i know it aint not a word, all recipes are welcome.

This wont be a contest, it is for fun, for learning, for teaching and vaping (of course).

An example, i post a link to a recipe like this: Apple Crisp

And you post your version of it:

Apple Crisp

.75% Eye of Newt
9% Toe of a Duck Billed Platypus
8% Rotten Apples
1% Salt of a Giant

So what do you think?

Umm, err, wrong image…

15 Likes

I think it is a awesome idea, and i will for sure follow and even try to throw some recipes into the mix too but i think i will skip this Apple Crips due to the fact that i have no clue what it is and how it should taste.

4 Likes

Ready Player One

Sounds like fun. This should inspire the beginner…like me.

6 Likes

I think it would be a fun learning experience for everyone. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I know that it aint supposed to be a contest as such, and should be about the fun way to get inputs and ideas.

However, i was thinking if we could do it so each recipe link posted we aim for should have a time limit, such as an example 24 hours. The recipe with most likes will be the “winner” who get to be the one that post the next link to a recipe. Winner will have 24 hours to post the link for next recipe, if not posted within that time, Ken_O_Where will get the honour of posting the next one?

That way the “winner” will have a chance to actually get some nice recipe or inputs for a recipe that he/she would really like to try as a vape!

4 Likes

Like This?

Apple Crisp

2% Inawera Biscuit
5% Tpa Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
3% Flavour Art Fuji

3 Likes

Image result for jigsaw lets play a game

and uh no game in reference to this movie…DIY of course yes :sunny:

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/kTXfAtckS3g

4 Likes

While i am sure that this would be a great idea i would like this to be for learning and fun, allowing for n00bz, been around awhiles and mixing is all consuming mixers to interact. Cant tell you how many times a new mixer has given me an insight that i hadnt thought of and it will allow new mixers to see the thought processes of mixers who are a bit further along in our hobby.

A month would give enough time for one to mix a couple versions and test them before submission.

But lets gauge interest in your idea as well, i dont see why there cant be more than one type of thread like this. The DIY sub does a monthly flavor thread, always thought it kind of neat.

6 Likes

Newcomers does often think out of the box while experienced got their rutine and will often stick to previous successful approaches.

3 Likes

I’m in! I have been mixing for almost a year and a half but still a newb to flavors lol I got frustrated 6 weeks into flavor Mixing because all my mixes we’re Crap and just vaped my base for almost a year… Now I’m back at and taking it slow… I think this would be an awesome thread and great learning experience for my self and others…

3 Likes

im in sounds fun and i like the game having some time to mix even though a lot of us could throw something together in 24hrs it isnt often the first thing that is put together is the best version and of course work and life get in the way of mixing as well so a little time will be needed imo

3 Likes

That’s a great idea for the new year!

1 Like

btw my gma and moms apple crisp is my fave desert on this planet yummmmmy

3 Likes

Ok, this is the best I could whip up real quick. It’s just an idea and I have not mixed it yet but I will this W/E.

4 Likes

Apple Crisp Game

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 1.5
Biscotti (Flavorah) 0.5
Fuji Apple (FA) 1
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.5
Green Apple (MF) 1
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.5
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.3

Flavor total: 5.3%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
5 Likes

sorry guys. thought originally the apple crisp was just an example. looks like it isnt.:slight_smile:
this mess was done in a typical mad scientist fashion. will make this and send it to you @Beaufort_Batches

Old Fashioned Apple Crisp

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2
Apple Shisha (INAWERA) 1
Brown Sugar (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Butter (NF organic) 0.18
Capella - Lemon Sicily 0.15
Caramel (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Cinnamon Spice (TPA) 0.4
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.5
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 1
Meringue (TPA) 1
Nutmeg (OOO) 0.5
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors) 1
Shisha Orange (INAWERA) 0.15

Flavor total: 8.88%

4 Likes

It’s Apple & it’s crisp hehehe

Old Fashioned Apple Brandy

Ingredient %
Bitter Wizard (FA) 0.15
Brandy (FA) 2
Cocoon (FA) 1.5
Double Apple (CAP) 1.65
Fuji Apple (FA) 2.25
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) 2.75
Liquid Amber (FA) 0.4
Maple Syrup (FA) 0.4
Oakwood (FA) 0.25
Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 0.4

Flavor total: 11.75%

By the way this is a true recipe that my step son loves he vapes it at 50/50 12mg nic.

8 Likes

It is/was, hehe. That wont stop DIYer’s tho! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

so are we doing apple crisp ??? lol

4 Likes