Share your custom label designs, I'll start!

3 Likes

They are shipped from China in one big plastic bag. Surprisingly they arrived in good shape. Pretty fast shipping too. Great bottles. The best I have bought yet.

2 Likes

That label looks really great, honestly. I do have one suggestion though. Make the website address VERY readable. Thatā€™s all it needs in my opinion. Looks greatā€¦

1 Like

Yep. That is what I was gonna say. :slight_smile: And maybe leave room for PG/VG ratio unless youā€™re only doing one. But still might wanna inlude that info.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing about the font on the web site. Funny how some fonts donā€™t work sometimes. I need to redo the Wicked Fog logo as well. The ā€œedā€ kinda disappears over the skull. On my to do list.

I knew I was missing something! @JoJo thanks. If I do ever get to sell juice I will need a bar code as well. Which I think will squeeze in on the left side under the contents.

This may all be in vain anyway since Indiana is passing the law requiring manufacturers of e-liquid to be licensed and have a lab, and PAY THEM a bunch of money. Dirty rotten scoundrels I tell ya! Next they will be going after people having bake sales! I am going to start selling Nicotine cookies if I canā€™t sell my juice :grinning:

Sorry. Off-topic. Rant over.

7 Likes

Hey friends, I have a question about applying your labels.
How are you guys attaching your labels at the perfect/consistent height and without bubbles/folds. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Warm water with a drop or two of dish soap. The label should slide around until you get it where you want. This is only if you are printing on vinyl though. If you are using paper labels it is trial and error. I lay the bottle on the table and look straight down on it lining up the label while holding it straight. Then slowly drop it onto the bottle. I find this usually works even better than the water method.

1 Like

OK so with all of the really nice labels on here I just could not help myself. So here is how I do it for now anyway but I do live in West Virginia and for the most part we use what we got LOL

3m painters tape and a sharpie

But donā€™t laugh to much because at least they can handle some ejuice running down them and still be good to go.

10 Likes

Can someone post a link where u had these labels made? I just got into DIY but down the road I would love to do something like this! They all look great!!!

I designed mine myself. If you are looking for a printing service there are many online where you can upload your artwork or design on the site. Just do a google for online label printing services.

1 Like

Painterā€™s tape! Brilliant! Iā€™ve been using scotch tape but itā€™s not so great. How well does the painterā€™s tape come off the bottle? Iā€™m so sick of peeling tiny pieces of scotch tape off bottlesā€¦

One of these days Iā€™ll get a label maker or something and be all fancy but most of them cost the same as a new mod! Or I think of all the flavors I could buy with that $50! LoL

2 Likes

It peals off very easy and does not leave any sticky stuff behind at all and it is resistant to fluid.

3 Likes

Lol, I never thought of painterā€™s tape. I used to use it all the time when I was painting. It is designed to peel off cleanly. Good idear!

2 Likes

Honestly I did not intentionally get it for this. I had about ten rolls left over from some work I did years ago so when I started DIY I figured I would put it to use. I donā€™t have any intentions of doing this commercial and only give juice to a couple of friends and they donā€™t mind the painters tape as labels. I have found it works really good so if I ever do run out of it I will buy more to use for this.

3 Likes

I bought a roll specifically for this! Thanks so much. It wraps all the way around the bottle and gives me a lot more room to write on than the scotch tape. :smiley:

3 Likes

So, I bought a Brother QL-710w from Office Depot. Could have likely gotten it cheaper on Amazon or Ebay, but I wanted in NOW.

Got the White Film tape from Amazon for $37 which included shipping. This is 50ā€™ of tape. The tape will resist liquid so thereā€™s no breakdown there, and also since itā€™s thermal printing thereā€™s no smudging.

So forget the initial investment in the printer. Looking at the cost of tape only.

I can get 400 labels out of a roll. Thatā€™s 9cents per label.
I have a local printer offering 200 each for 6 flavor labels. This would have check boxes for me to mark strength and PG/VG ratio. This is 1200 labels for $256, or 21cents per label.

Either way for me seems reasonable. But if I make my own I can customize and print things like strength, etc, as well as adding mixed-on date. Limitations are the tape is only available in white, yellow and clear.

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer please donā€™t take this post the wrong way I like what you are doing and it sounds like something I would also do if I ever intended to sell mine but the painters tape is just what I had on hand already and I found it to work really good for my needs.

I am fairly certain I did the math right but maybe not I am getting roughly 720 labels from 1 roll and a quick search for price came up with 6.27$ per roll so that divided by 720 is .0087 cents per label. Works for me and since I re-use my bottles for personal use so the fact it peels right off leaving no residue behind is just a win win.

The other plus for me is my best friend and neighbor is a professional painter and will gladly give me a roll for free when I run out of my current supply. He buys the stuff 10 cases at a time.

4 Likes

No offense taken at all brother. I think your method is brilliant. For the last year Iā€™ve been using some peel n stick labels and a sharpie. Worked fine except the ink would smear.

I actually am dabbling in sales which is why I got the printer. If it werenā€™t for that I would copy your painterā€™s tape method, no doubt. If Iā€™m just using it for myself or giving to friends, then no need for nuttin fancy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@SthrnMixer That is what I love about this place. It seems nobody ever gets there feelings hurt over anything around here unlike any place else I have ever seen on the internet.

@JoJo so glad I has able to help someone as I really put the original post up thinking everyone could get a good laugh out of how I do mine with all of the really nice labels being posted here.

9 Likes

Howdy folks,

So the artistic flow moves easily from mixing juice to mixing ink (at least for some of you artistic folks). Some very nice labels from the minds of some very interesting people.

I would like to make an observation, something that I always seem to notice and truth be told, irks me a bit. Iā€™ve been vaping for a bit over 3 yrs now, and at times I find it difficult to find/try new juices. So I go looking for a new juice and I find a juice named XDFBGT. The label tells me itā€™s 30/70 at 6% but thereā€™s nothing to tell me that itā€™s a Fruit Loop flavored juice, nothing that sez itā€™s a coco coffee or a razzle berry pie flavor.

Iā€™m talking primarily about on line sales. When you get to a site and they carry 3-10 lines of juice, each line having 5 to 20 different flavors, thats alot of homework to try to figure out what they may taste like. When Iā€™m shopping, it may not be for a particular flavor juice, but when I see a label that sez Blueberry, Strawberry Pie (in small font under the name of the juice) it perks my interest more than the name does nowadays.

In the beginning of my vape days, I bought juice because the name was cool (yeah, I know, but alot of folks have done it, donā€™t lie), or it said it was a minty vape, or because someone said it was a great tasting juice and I only had a name. As a noobie I didnā€™t think of the minty juice as being a strong coffee peppermint latte, or that a great tasting juice would be Pluid (yes, I know, a very popular juice, but one I canā€™t do).

Just one guys opinion here folks, but when Iā€™m shopping on line if thereā€™s not a brief description on the label that I see on line

ā€œSweet Cereal Milkā€, I donā€™t even look further into that juice (unless itā€™s been specifically recommended). Yeap, I may miss out on some fantastic juices, but if it is that good, eventually Iā€™ll read about it and then maybe try some. Thereā€™s tons of juice that has that description, but tons that do not.

Mac

6 Likes