Share your opinions of Game of Thrones Season 8

How to say, i am disappointed by this Season 8.

1 Like

Arya sets sail on the S.S. Spinoff and that shot of Daenerys coming out to greet her armies with Drogon’s wings spreading out behind her just spawned a million fucking Instagram photo shoots!

2 Likes

I can’t read this yet, haven’t started watching (non HBO here) !!!

3 Likes

You’ll need a couple of days free if binge watching. Wifey and I binged the first 6 seasons. Grueling but worth every minute!

3 Likes

Episode 6 was disappointing and the wait wasnt worth it … But overall it summed up the story pretty well… I’m happy the imp survived …

1 Like

My wife bought me all of the seasons EXCEPT for the last season, over Xmas. Trying to decide whether or not to try HBO to get to watching them now or not …

2 Likes

Get the free trial (7days) binge it job done.

7 Likes

IMO it ended as it should have. The problem was that the ride (season 8) was too fast in getting there.

4 Likes

What ride? You mean Arya and The Hound?

2 Likes

No, all of season 8. It happened too fast. You’d think they couldn’t wait to end it.

2 Likes

@woftam @SessionDrummer @Lostmarbles @TorturedZen @Vaptio_official

I have not watched it at all. Is it really that good?

3 Likes

I loved it.

My Mrs didn’t start watching until the 3rd season when she got sick of everyone talking about it. She binged watched the 2 1/2 seasons in 4 days - from a non tv watcher that is a fair stamp of approval (she is not a fantasy fan at all but in the end loved it). Watch a few ep it may suck you in.

4 Likes

There are some diehard fans of the books that were disappointed with the last season and the two show writers not giving it the conclusion they expected.

But I will ditto what @woftam said. There are very few shows that blow me away and this was one of them. I love watching some bad guy get rendered in half by a huge broadsword or dragonfire laying waste to an entire fleet of warships. My wife however, who is normally the polar opposite of my viewing affinities, was immediately sucked in right from episode 1. She has become a huge fan!

There’s only one downside to this phenomenal epic…figuring out how to fill the void that’s left when the last episode of the final season ends.

5 Likes

I agree. I am not a tv watcher either so, ya, definitely a fair stamp of approval.

That’s quite the approval too…

Thanks

4 Likes

I felt the same way. Was hoping the supposed bastard was the leader at the end, but alas it didn’t happen that way.

4 Likes

Yes it is! I started reading the books 20 years ago and I’m one of those guys who cries “foul!” when TV/Movies don’t stick to the story. This show was so good, I didn’t even notice or if I did, I didn’t care.

4 Likes

One of the best series of all time, in my top 3 for sure. This final season they could have just stopped it at episode 3, that episode was phenomenal, it was 82 min but took us about 2 hours to watch as we kept pausing, we were tense as hell… we got so many texts and calls after that from friends and family almost rivaled the series finally of the Sopranos when everyone freaked out that the signal was cut when it just went black.

The final 3 episodes felt rushed, like let’s get it over with. And the one who became King had about 4 lines the entire final season it felt like, dude needs to lay off the hippy lettuce.

Overall still such an excellent show and I am sure we will all miss it, this coming Sunday will not be the same without it.

6 Likes

Right! When the last episode was over wifey says “Now what are we going do on Sundays?”

4 Likes

Billions…second best show after GoT.

3 Likes

I want SOA to comeback!

5 Likes