Shaving, which method you use?

I just plain out Man up, who needs razors,bladed & shaving cream.
I use tweezers, that’s right just one hair at a time takes almost 24 hrs to get it done, but I’ve only got to do it once every 4-6 weeks. Don’t believe me try it for your self. Let us know how well it goes. LBTW the same tweezers I squeeze and fluff my Cotton with works. Just be sure you have the ceramic ended remember safety is first. LMAO !!

4 Likes

If you’d really man up, you’d use an epilady and be done in minutes :rofl:

3 Likes

Epilady, I haven’t heard that name in a long time. Is that the shaver that sends electric shocks to there (notice I didn’t say ours, lol) skin or “hard to shave areas” I better stop while I’m ahead of the game some. Due to I may incriminate myself lmao
But, yes i do know a person that knows another person that still uses there’s
If it’s not broken, why fix it. Even though it did come out I believe it was in the 80’s give or take a few yrs. I believe it was actually designed to be a torture device. So I’ve been told !! Hahaha

4 Likes

I just burn it off, like this

200w

12 Likes

One of the people I have been naked with plucks using rubber gloves for grip for legs and and groin. The result is very neat but it ranks a couple levels up in horror from burning…
My eyes cry a little thinking of it, damn tough critter they are.

6 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about !! Hot diggity dog. LoL

2 Likes

OMG, that is a perfect example, of the “S” word. Hope you don’t mind, roflmao ! Do you mind if I “borrow” that?? I so can see that fitting right in there when telling/bragging to a buddy about my “Escapades” stories from back in the day !!

2 Likes

Strange… I just thought that was foreplay…

9 Likes

For me it’s the Edwin Jagger DEL89L long handle safety razor, with Astra Platinum blades, using a delightful Sandalwood soap also from Edwin Jagger, and a badger hair brush.
Yes, I love my face :grinning:

3 Likes

I just got some sandalwood from proraso in the mail yesterday, and my badger hair brush and aluminum shave mug just came in today.

I ordered some blades from tryablade (…literally blades that are cents on the dollar) and they came in too, I got feathers, astra, and some other ones from their top 5 most popular.

really excited to use the brush/bowl combo

4 Likes

You’re the type of folks that would shave your face just to make your anus look bushier

1 Like

Merkur MK-34C with Feather blades. Taylor of Old Bond Street’s Grapefruit cream is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Tryablade looks like a neat way to experiment but their prices are not as good when you find the one you like. just an example:

3 Likes

I just got the 99R in the mail today… I also have those same Astra blades enroute. I keep reading that many find the razor too aggressive.

2 Likes

I do not find that to be so. Most reviews I saw before I got it rated it right in the middle. As with everything learning your technique or “feel” is the key. I’ve had a nick or 2 but very seldom, usually because I got careless and was rushing. I have a Norelco for when I’m in a rush.

2 Likes

I’m lazy …

Couldn’t wait for the Astra blades to arrive, so I just used a Parker blade that came with the 99R, a slight burn on the bottom part of one side of a neck, other than that the razor seems to work really nice. Didn’t feel aggressive, might be because I’m use to shaving as opposed to just learning to shave. I just used a wet face and didn’t really prep… so all in all I’m happy.

1 Like

That and a shave oil I make, similar to Shave Secret stuff, I have never been able to use heavy lathers I always ended up looking like I was in a knife fight. I found Different blades make a difference.

4 Likes

Pray tell…

1 Like

A hap hazard combination of Jojoba, vitamin E, vg, and topped off with a touch of menthol (LB) to taste, LOL

4 Likes