Shipping care package

I haven’t sent any e-liquid to my (adult) kids up north (PA) in a while but am wondering if there have been any changes of late with USPS shipping. It’s been about 8 months since the last time I sent them some via USPS (at that time it was perfectly legal and I declared that it was “vape liquid” when sending) - Does anyone have any recent experience with posting e-liquid within the states?

7 Likes

I say " Flavoring’ no nicotine allowed and they will not send Vape stuff usually

6 Likes

Clarifying, you tell them you are sending “flavoring”? What they ask at the desk is if you are shipping anything with “liquid” inside (or at least that is what they used to ask)

4 Likes

I need to ship 500mls of liquid and am trying to figure out the best way to get it there.

4 Likes

Yes exactly …I have told them Flavor Concentrates and its been fine

4 Likes

Have you sent that kind of volume (1/2 liter)?

5 Likes

I have not 240ml to Alaska is the most ive sent and when I sent that I added a pack of socks and lied about other things

5 Likes

I guess I could go with calling them “essential oils”…

6 Likes

If it’s any comfort, the gov’t lies to us on a regular basis so screw them and say it’s essential oils.

14 Likes

I have never had an issue but I do live in a small town. Though, I haven’t mentioned e-juice or e-liquid in a very long time. They ask if there is liquid and I say yes. If they ask for more information I tell them Candy Flavorings and that is exactly what they are so I’m not lying either. I know you are sending already made but they don’t need to know that.

Good luck

10 Likes

Tell them it’s a bottle of hand sanitizer, nothing to do with vaping, apart from the VG :grin: and very plausible. Shortages everywhere so…

btw, nice to see you around again. Been lurking much? :laughing:

8 Likes

@HVPGH Depending on size, it may be best to use a Medium or Large Flat Rate box. A small Flat Rate box will hold about 6 30ml padded bottles. Wrap like you see individual bottles come your way …a couple-three layers of small bubblewrap (padding is critical~!), and make sure bottles are sealed tight(!) Get Freezer grade ziplock baggies (w/ double zipper heavier plastic) and seal all the bottles/liquids inside …even use two bags to be 100% sure no smelly leaking liquids get your package yanked.

Pay for shipping using U$P$ website Click-N-$hip …you’ll need a Credit Card and a printer. Flat Rate works great because you don’t need to weight to ship …getting the weight wrong will also delay your package …not a problem with Flat Rate. Pay then print your shipping label and tape on the box. Now you don’t need to chat with Counter people, just drop it on the end of the counter with other commercial (postage paid with label) outgoing mail …it’s usually the first counter you get to …either big and empty or piled high with today’s Internet and local biz. [disclaimer] Always read and follow all U$P$ rules and regulations.

5 Likes

It’s a great idea, small priority box won’t hold 500mls…-thanks

5 Likes

I just answer No :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I used to do that like two years ago, until I found out it was legal to send e-liquid. Now I am not sure if it is legal or not, I know UPS has a requirement that only businesses can sent vape products/nicotine. I am also not exactly if there are new state regulations on flavored e-liquids in PA. I’m not adverse to doing what it takes to get it there, as it is keeping my son, daughter, and son-in-law off cigarettes. That’s much more important than the postal regs and perhaps exaggerating the contents.

5 Likes

Well I haven’t been down to PA in a while, I know they are heavy on taxing Vape juice, as far as shipping, not even Businesses can ship ejuice to my state (banned), I ship juice out but like I said, I just answer NO to all questions, if it’s (illegal) then your choice is to answer truthfully or not :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Use the next size up. It around 14 dollars and it is also insured for up to 50 dollars and @BoDarc is right. It really is the best way to send liquid.

6 Likes

My son made it easy on me and scheduled a UPS pick-up. Took all the hassle out of going to post it.

5 Likes

Awesome what a good kid. I would have done the same thing for my mom Z I love my Mom Z

5 Likes

Yes, he is awesome! Took all the hassle of going to the post office masked up and prolly having to fib about the contents - they even came same day & it should be delivered next Tuesday ($10.00 door to door can’t really be beat for 2.5lbs)

PS - my daughters both texted me today and advised we stock up on paper products AGAIN - apparently there is going to be a shortage again imminently :frowning:

5 Likes