Sigelei 50W VR2, courtesy of Gearbest.com!

What’s up vapefam!
SirRisc here with another gear review courtesy of Gearbest.com!
I have a confession to make… I’ve fallen head over heels for the Sigelei 50W VR2, a single 18650 powered mod with the well known wavy go faster lines.
This thing is not just beautiful, it’s powerful and built like a brick too. Join me as I lose my senses over this one.

Premise.

If you’ve been following my reviews before, my juice reviews in particular, you’ll know that I always trust on my Sigelei 100W+ for testing.
I love it so much because it delivers excellent power from the Yihi chip inside, it has batterypower to last me through the entire day, and it can run anywhere from 10W to 100W.
The only problem I’ve always had with this mod is that it’s a bit… bulky. It’s hard to carry around, it doesn’t pocket easily and generally it feels a little awkward trying to pull it out of my pocket at a show or when I’m out and about.
But then I saw the Sigelei 50W VR2 on Gearbest… and I saw the same wavy go faster lines, the same finish and the same 510 connection, but with a single 18650 making it much easier to pocket.
Now I know some people don’t like the wavy lines design on it but I like it. It’s a nice way of breaking the plain black finish.
I fell head over heels, I had to have one. It was bound to become one of my favorite mods, and now that I have it, it is one of my favorite mods.

Sigelei 50W VR2

Specifications.

• Yihi SX330 chip
  • Aluminium Alloy
  • Single 18650 battery
  • USB Charging Port with LED notification
  • Copper springloaded 510 pin
  • Power Output 50W
  • Fires down to 0.2ohm and up to 3.0ohm
  • OLED Screen
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • High Voltage Warning
  • Temperature Protection (NOT temperature control!)
  • Magnetic Swivel Batterydoor

Packaging

Not going to go into the packaging too much, the photos speak for themselves. It’s a fancy black box, the same as any Sigelei mod comes in.

Performance.

No matter how much I love cloudchasing with my Sigelei 100W+, pushing 80W or more through a subohm build, the mod felt too big for my hands.
With the Sigelei 50W VR2 I only have 50W to my disposal but in the passed couple of weeks I’ve come to realize that it’s plenty of power.
The Yihi SX330 chip has a trackrecord without fault, it’s a great chip that delivers consistent power until your battery starts to fade at 3.4V at which point the mod cuts your power.
I’ve been rocking a Cthulhu RTA on it with a 0.4ohm build and it delivers a warm and full bodied vape each and every time I push the firebutton.
The buttons feel clicky and need only a slight bit of force to push, but they don’t stick, they don’t feel crunchy, they’re practically perfect.
When you press the up and down button together, the mod locks and can be pocketed.
The display then shows you the message “Please Unlock”. It’s even polite, that’s more than some of the vapers I’ve seen lately. (Seriously, stop fighting each other. Fight draconic legistlations instead!)
Unlike what P4Y has done with the IPV4, this display is very much readable in direct sunlight despite its mirrorfinish. I’ve had no trouble reading it at all, even with a spotlight directly shining on it.

The 510 connection has a copper springloaded pin, and the threading feels solid. It’s buttery smooth with any atomizer I’ve put on and will read within an accuracy of 0.1ohm.

On the back at the bottom, there’s a USB charging port for which Sigelei does deliver a short cable. Though I would, as always, advise taking out your battery and charging it externally.

Another great feature is the batterydoor, it’s screwed in on the top and held in place at the bottom with two magnets.
To take out the battery, you just swivel it aside and grab the ribbon to pull out your battery.
The ribbon is a bit unfortunate sometimes, as it can be a slight nuisance to keep inside of the mod when the door swivels shut.
You can solve this by either heating up the end of the ribbon so it becomes slighty rigid, or by simply cutting of about 1.5cm.
Personally I just heated it up so I could stick it next to the battery.

Aesthetics

To each their own of course, but I love the wavy lines. I really think it’s a nice way to break the plain black rectangle.
The corners of the mod are milled so they’re not sharp anymore and the glisten ever so pretty in sunlight.
The display does have a mirror finish but it doesn’t get in the way of clarity, even in direct sunlight it remains easy to read.

The batterydoor has notches in it to expel heat from the battery and the swivel mechanism is sturdy enough to withstand some minor punishment.

All in all the mod looks like a baby version of the Sigelei 100W+, which I really appreciate.
I’ve had them standing on my desk next to each other just to be able to gawk at them. They look so pretty together. =D

For those among you who don’t like the look of it, Sigelei does deliver a silicone sleeve along with the mod so you can cover it up and keep your mod safe at the same time.
Nice little detail with the silicone sleeve is that the fire button sits completely flush.

Pros and Cons.

Pro.

• Small and easy to carry around
  • Clear display
  • Wavy lines
  • Swivel batterydoor
  • Yihi SX330 chip
  • Springloaded 510
  • Lightweight (270gr)
  • Buttons feel nice and clicky
  • Silicone sleeve keeps your mod safe

Con.

• Batterylife is not great
  • Ribbon sticks out sometimes
  • Uhm… that’s it. Really.

In conclusion.

I’m head over heels for this mod. Yes, I am aware that I sound fanboyish in this review, but rest assured that the review is honest.
I have nothing to gain by trying to oversell a product, in fact I would quickly lose any kind of reputation I’ve built up.
With that said, Sigelei simply did a great job on this one.
The formfactor, the way it’s designed, the power… it all fits perfectly together.
The Yihi chip is one of the most reliable ones I’ve had so far, and it’s the same chip I’m used to in my Sigelei 100W+, just with a single 18650 powering it.
With the silicone sleeve the mod is safe and plain black, and the wavy lines go away if you prefer to rock it that way.
If you’re looking for a proper 50W mod that is reliable and has all the best features, this is the one.

In closing I would like to thank Gearbest for their continued support, and for sending me this mod.
And all of you of course, thank you!

I’m always looking for more opportunities to review, just get in touch if you want me to review something from you!
Juice, RTA, RDA, mods… it’s all welcome and I’m sure we can work something out!

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of raspberry cream scented vapor

3 Likes

Another great review!

1 Like

Nice review, Risc. I gotta say, the Sigelei 50w v2 was on my short list (with the iPV mini 2 70w and the Dovpo 50w that Ken has)…I had settled on the Dovpo, but you’re making it tough to stick to that. You (or @MixedUp1) need to get ahold of those other two and tell me which one is the best! LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do !!

1 Like

Actually, I reviewed the IPV Mini II a while back… :wink:
If I had to choose between the two, I’d definitely go for the Sigelei. Build quality is much better.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what Sig has In store for temp control

1 Like