Sigelei 75w Temp Control

Wait, the sig supports titanium in TC-mode?

1 Like

Itā€™s not designed to, but I use titanium in all my tc mods. Once it reads the resistance it performs like Ni200 except the temp difference. Iā€™m not locked in on a particular tempā€¦ I adjust the temp until it feels right for me, then I lock it in. It hasnā€™t failed me yetā€¦ and no dry hits.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I thought - Temperature settings (readings) are no good, but as long as there are no dry hits, youā€™re golden :slight_smile:

1 Like

One difference Iā€™ve notice with this mod is that itā€™s not very aggressive at finding and holding your temp. With the Evic you can feel it when itā€™s adjusting to temp. There is delicate balance with wattage and temp on the Evic to make it run smooth. I figured that out with the evic. With this though I havenā€™t noticed it as much. The single battery is not as strong and there seem to be a different feel at the same wattage for the two. I think the Evic holds the advantage there.

The visual aspect of the temp setting is no good. It may visually read 350 degrees but itā€™s really like 650 with titanium. But it still accurately hold that temp. With me I donā€™t look for a certain temp that I like to vapeā€¦ it depends on the juice. When I find that sweet spot I lock the keys there. Iā€™ve had one of my Evics locked on the sweet spot for 4 days now. It havenā€™t misread the ohms or flinched in four solid days. Thatā€™s when you know itā€™s dialed in perfectly. I read on ECF of people saying their Evic misreading the resistance and jumping into Power mode. I had that problem in the beginning, but since Iā€™ve been making standard coils and setting the resistance when coil is cool, I donā€™t have that problem anymore.

2 Likes

For interested folks:

Just got email notification from Origin Vape they have restocked the Sigelei 75.

1 Like

So whatā€™s the verdict here folks ?

2 Likes

Well, my wife has been using hers for the past two weeks with narry a gripe. The navigation is very simple; this is a blessing! It has yet to fail to perform for her. And I can tell you, if my wife doesnā€™t have a bad thing to say about this mod, itā€™s golden! I have another coming for myself this week and perhaps Iā€™ll run it through a few more paces than she.

Forgot to add: sheā€™s been using a nickel build the whole time. This is the reason I purchased this for her; no more burnt cotton when she forgets to drip often.

Itā€™ll be great for some. I learned a single battery mod is not for me. Operates good except for a 1.5 sec delay before your first hit when using titanium. Nothing but air until the coil warms up. I lung hit and chain vape, so thatā€™s a con for me. I used it exclusively for a whole dayā€¦ had to charge it 3 times. So battery life is poor. I havenā€™t used Ni200 in itā€¦ so I donā€™t know how it does with it. Me personally, I am disappointed with it. I hope they step up for the Sig 150w TC. The pros areā€¦ it feel like a solid well built mod. Easy to set up and operate and itā€™s gorgeous to the eye. I paid less than $60 for it, so price wise itā€™s ok. It passed the cotton burn test.

Itā€™s only been four days for me, but itā€™s fine so far. "Does what it says on the tin."
Took three tries, but I got a single Ni coil going at 0.18 yesterday and itā€™s chugginā€™ along just fine, same as the Ni head in the ST Nano.

I always have at least two of the iSticks going as well so I only change the batt once a day so far and itā€™s still around ~80% by the time I crash.
But the plusses and minuses of single vs. dual batt mean no mod is going to be one size fits all. Iā€™ll get a dual batt later (probably next, 3Li ?) but I got a single for purely logical reasonsā€¦
This is my first removable batt mod so I had no batts and no charger. No mod vendors really have good pricing on batts and chargers, itā€™s not their thing. And I knew I would be needing at least two pairs and a two or four bay charger.
I hadnā€™t ordered a mod because I didnā€™t have the batts and I hadnā€™t ordered batts and a charger because I didnā€™t own a mod for them. LOL.
It just happened that VapeNW had a good price on the Sig as well as good pricing on the HE4ā€™s and a single bay Efest XSmart charger.
Thatā€™s why I pulled the trigger. :smile:

LiIonWarehouse (or similar) next timeā€¦ before I order a dual cell.

2 Likes

I forgot to sayā€¦

Being able to vape an RDAā€™s wick down to virtually dry isā€¦ weird. Very weird. Same with not worrying how low the Nano tank is getting.

Very easy to get used to that. :smile:

1 Like

Not sure where youā€™re from, but illumn.com has good, legit batteries and charges for a good price. I have 4 of the $5 Samsung 25Rs and if you buy in pairs they come with a plastic case. They also had the Nitecore D2 charger for the cheapest price I could find around. Just in case you need more and find something you like. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you JoJo, Iā€™ve actually had them bookmarked as well for the last 2 or 3 weeks but my vape bookmark folder is so disorganized now, I forgot the name (did remember the free case offer thoughā€¦ I have to presume thatā€™s one twin case per order, not per pair of batts purchased).

And that is a great price for 25Rs. My HE4s ran ~7.50 which was great for a regular vendor (weā€™ve probably all see the drop-down menu ā€œspecialā€ include it now prices of 20 to 25 a pair, LOL).

I think itā€™s per pair of batts, but you could email them to find out for sure.

I should because I would be buying cases as well.
Sometimes too many isā€¦ too many.
:smile:

1 Like