Sign the petition to extend the PMTA deadline for vaping companies!

I received an email from CASAA. Here it is:

Dear *******,

On August 25, Keller and Heckman LLP filed a Citizen’s Petition with the FDA requesting that the PMTA filing deadline of September 9, 2020 be delayed by 180 days. This petition is requesting that FDA go back to the US District Court for the District of Maryland to request a deadline extension, which the court recently granted for small cigar manufacturers that are being negatively impacted by this coronavirus pandemic.

• All interested parties are invited to comment on the Citizen’s Petition by filling out the form provided on this page and customizing your message.

• If you are writing on behalf of a small, open-system manufacturing company, please follow the instructions here.

If granted, the extension would move the deadline for small, open-system manufacturers to March 8, 2021. The request is predicated on a recent action taken by FDA in which small cigar manufacturers are being granted a similar extension due to complications and delays to completing PMTA’s associated with COVID-19.

It is vital that people who use vapor products make their voices heard! While this pandemic is obviously putting a strain on services for businesses, people who depend on safer nicotine alternatives in order to stay smoke-free are being even more challenged by the prospects of losing access to these products and feeling pressured to go back to smoking. Whether it’s by regulation or global disaster, removing vapor products from the market threatens to inflict irreversible harm to millions of people.

Thank you for taking action!
Alex Clark
CEO, CASAA

\ 100x100

10 Likes

I followed this link in my email and it said public comments closed.

4 Likes

Looks like a GREAT idea, that EVERYONE should be doing, at least in the US anyway.

Thanks for sharing it …

8 Likes

Worked with the link here. Done.

7 Likes

Mark me as DONE.

7 Likes

Done and done

5 Likes

I vape I vote I petition.

6 Likes

I wrote the same thing to them as I’ve done to a Georgia Senator and Representative. Other than the presidential election, this issue is of primary importance to me and I will vote against anyone who supports the banning of anything to do with vaping. Fuck all of these politicians, imho.

7 Likes

Done. Thanks for posting this. I didn’t notice the email In my inbox.

6 Likes

Done! And thank you for posting this @Wombatred26

4 Likes

Right on, Bro!

5 Likes

Thank you, to everyone who has taken the time and effort to sign the petition.

It may not seem like much but every single voice adds up to that much more movement against the restrictions of our rights!

Our choices of tobacco free lives are important!

I look forward to the day when we don’t have to FIGHT to be allowed to make healthier choices for ourselves without having to battle against government restrictions, like this! To the day when our CHOICE is exactly that. OUR choice!!

5 Likes

Done

4 Likes