Silver lining anybody?

A no politics request was made and WILL BE HONORED. Don’t like it? Stay out of the topic.

15 Likes

And now you are really back, thank you :hugs:

10 Likes

My pleasure. :hugs: This is a lovely topic in these dark times. Let’s keep it that way.

My silver lining is getting to work from home. My commute is kind of long (typically 30+ min to and 45 home) and stressful and developing narcolepsy has made it and working in an “open office” difficult. I’ve wanted to ask my boss to let me work from home (a valid option at my company) for a while but the right time hasn’t really presented itself. Now I get a trial run to see how well I do working from home. If I find it works for me and I can maintain good productivity, it will help me in my official request. :smiley:

12 Likes

I started working from home full time 8 years ago. At first I worried that I would be too easily distracted and lose focus often, but in reality I am far more productive than I ever was in an office. Aside from zero commute, I’m just more comfortable in my own place. And actually, I work far more hours than ever before, so watch out for that side…

8 Likes

Me too! I like my job and being productive so it’s definitely easy to get lost in what I’m doing and just keep going. I’m learning to force myself to stop and walk away at lunch and at the end of the day. :laughing:

9 Likes

I have still not learned that, honest. I get angry Skypes from my manager sometimes asking why the heck I’m still online sometimes. Truth is, I like the job and being at home, I don’t mind putting in the extra time.

6 Likes

10 Likes

I’ve been keeping myself in good spirits with all the toilet paper memes going around.

8 Likes

89438038_529178401311581_3509523369332572160_n

12 Likes

Knowing everyday that after work I get to come home to this. Cigar/vape and adult beverage in hand, yeah I am happy.

9 Likes

If by accident one manages to saw off their hands while stretching TP, just “paint with your toes” ! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I now have 50 rolls of TP… the cushy type… :wink:
think I will be just fine… maybe! :stuck_out_tongue:

side note: I started a few seeds today, weeded out my planters, moved some of my garlic, the basil from last year is poking up again… sweet!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’m in pain. Nothing much else to do so we did a roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole. This Ogre ate too much. Oh but it was sooooooo good.

10 Likes

This kind of hedonic reverie is making Mister Potato Head quake in his spiffy new lace-up boots ! :clown_face:

4 Likes

Source

Source

3 Likes

*** Silver Lining ***

I have finally entered some of my recipes into the recipe site :astonished: :grin:

With thanks to everyone who has provided inspiration :hugs:

8 Likes

Tibetan Buddhist’s believe that falling feeling is your astral body falling back into your physical body.
You were astral traveling and something may have disturbed your physical body which reels your astral body in at a rapid rate.
There is no bottom to hit lol but we can be so startled we are instantly wide awake and even jump to a sitting position.
Astral travel has always intrigued me.
I can remember as a young child having dreams where i was playing with my brother and sisters and we could all jump really really high and float slowly back to the ground.
They reckon we all astral travel while sleeping, when your body reaches a certain state of total relaxation your astral body just sort of falls or leaks out of us.
Unfortunately being asleep we subconsciously just wonder aimlessly.
Being conscious and able to do it while awake is the hard part but would really be something.

9 Likes

Well that certainly is an intriguing explanation and one that I might look into. Dreams have always fascinated me. Not just the “whats”, but the “whys”.
Thanks @bede1 :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m an essential worker at this point, so no time off here… yet. But I’m expecting soon to be shut down, and I’ll use my time verry wisely. I plan to fast and pray, and read/re read the word of God and make comparisons to what’s been laid out there, and what’s going on now. If these things were seeing today, are some of the last things that were foretold, then it’s time to look up, watch, and prepare my heart.

9 Likes

I would appreciate it if you’d call that bullshit in a PM and not on this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:
This thread is about the good things we have, not another thread where we can start arguing about who’s at fault.
There are plenty of threads about that already.

9 Likes