Simple vs Complex

Hello this may not be the correct thread but I just received Yogurt-FA. I am looking for a strawberry banana yogurt (3 flavors) blend. Any idea the correct strawberry to use? Sweet strawberry, ripe strawberry? I will be trying to figure it out but if somebody has tried it I would appreciate it.

1 Like

Yes.
All comes down to personal preference but you can just use both of these if you wish! Use the sweet SB to enhance the juiceā€™s sweetness and the Ripe to give it that ripeness.

I would start around 1.5% SSB and 3% Ripe or higher if you prefer but more ripe than sweet. Unless you are trying to clone a specific juice?

2 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to figure out yogurts myself but I think I May be able to offer some help on the strawberryā€¦

From my personal notes:

CAP Sweet Strawberry
Good candy strawberry, very sweet, harsh above 3%

FA Red Touch Strawberry
Natural, sweet strawberry. Gets stronger with long cure

TFA Ripe Strawberry
Natural strawberry with earth tones, has a leafy green undertone like grass?

Just my experience and these are the 3 Iā€™ve tested with so far. Plenty more out thereā€¦ Like CAP Strawberries and cream, tried it once but seemed weak at 10%. Iā€™ll get back to it later and try increasing the %

I usually go with a mix of FA and CAP but fruits always seemed very harsh to me until recently when I started adding stevia to them. It really rounds them, sweetens without turning it into a jolly rancher. Still experimenting and learning new things :yum:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yogurt (FA) 4%
SB Ripe (TPA) 4%
Banana Cream (TPA) 3%

Maybe start here then adjust to tasteā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d have made it 9 by adding either Sour (TPA) or Citric Acid to really make the lime POP. Of the additives available, those are the ones I use the most. And usually in fruit mixes OC.

In all seriousness, there are great 2 or 3 flavor mixes. One of my favā€™s is Strawberry Mojito. Simple and delicious. Then there are the complex mixes that are great as well. Gambit V2 comes to mind. Complexity however doesnā€™t by defualt mean superiority. The beauty is in the ability to tailor and make choice.

2 Likes

That sounds yummy, but I prefer the Banana Cream (colorless) (LA). :slight_smile: just sayingā€¦

2 Likes

"InSaNiTy!! "
If this comes up on your (What can I make) list, you need professional help

4 Likes

Lol, I will never have all those flavors. But I bet I know someone who does :wink:

1 Like

OK OK, so what is it you are trying to say exaclty? LOL

1 Like

Haha. My mamma didnā€™t raise no fool :wink:

But @DarthVapor is probably the only person on here that has every one of those flavors. :smiley:

1 Like

Totally agreeā€¦ sometimes a lot of tinkering isnā€™t needed. Just recently been trying out some chocolates; starting with chocolate fudge brownie CAP as a solo flavor. It seemed very sharp and dry to me so tried to tone it down with some milk. That worked but it still felt flat and thin so I added marshmallow and it was perfect. No need to keep poking it, quality vape.

Just trying to give @Oleskool1 some feedback on the OP.[quote=ā€œOleskool1, post:1, topic:41957, full:trueā€]
I am fairly new to mixing. I seem to be different than most because I really love a simple mix that just works. I always see people refer to really complex mixes as superior, but those that I keep coming back to are the simple ones with about two to four flavors. Will the complex mixes grow on me, or is this what I like?
[/quote]

Complex blends are not superior in any way; theyā€™re just highly critiqued blends chasing a very specific vape. At least, thatā€™s how I think of them :smiley:

Thanks @Mofogger,Iā€™ve been wondering what to do with mine!
Like you sayā€¦sharp & dry. I havent had this flavor for long & the only time ive used it was in a banana/caramel mix. I had high hopes for this flavor before iā€™d used it, but wasnt that impressed so I put it on the back burner. Till now. I reckon your mix will make CFB tast much more like what I was originally expecting. - well-rounded, smoothā€¦ Yum.
Dont have milk but I do have a couple of creams (Bavarian perhaps?)ā€¦might be a little richer, but I think I can live with that. A nice & simple three-some!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome :wink:

Itā€™s not shared but hereā€™s my CFB, hope ya like it

Fudge Brownie (final)
4% Chocolate Fudge Brownie v2 (CAP)
0.5% Dairy Milk (TPA)
2% Marshmallow (CAP)
Flavor total: 6.5%

All I wanted was for it to taste like the picture on the bottleā€¦ Now it does :yum:

Notes:
Much higher on milk and it washes out the chocolate
Thereā€™s room to play on the marshmallow, increase to make a fluffier brownie, decrease to make a thicker fudge

As for the substituting, Bavarian could work (vanilla always plays well with choc.) but Cream Fresh FA or Sweet Cream CAP or TFA would prolly be closer to the milk. Youā€™d need more than 0.5% though, maybe 1.5 or 2%

Enjoy :yum:

EDIT: Forgot to mentionā€¦ This starts to blend well after 3 days but for a really smooth brownie, I let it cure 2 weeks

1 Like

Thanks again! Sweet cream it is. On the scales as I type!:+1:
See how its goin in a wk

Being a musician too, I often confront this issue when writing music as well as mixing an original recipe. When it comes to writing music or guitar solos, ( I am a lead guitarist) I always try to allow the music to dictate what I play. So if I feel a simple repeating melody suits the song better, I go with simple ā€¦ however, I also tend to try to add a climax and a resolve back into the main progression and this is when things can get complicated. But staying true to the songā€™s progression, is key. I believe mixing recipes are pretty much the same. Have a flavor idea in mind and let the recipe dictate the rest ā€¦

1 Like

Have you tried Chocolate Raspberry by Capella yet? I just got it in. I may mix something up with it tomorrow just to see what I get. I was just browsing and tossed a small bottle into the cart to see if it was any good.

I havenā€™t tried fruits with chocolate yet but I have been thinking about itā€¦

Been wanting to take a shot at chocolate covered cherries but canā€™t seem to wrap my head around how Iā€™d get it to work just yetā€¦? The cherry would need to stand out and not blend in with the chocolate which means I need some Sour FA or something to make it sharp and sweet w/o killing my throat.

Then thereā€™s the chocolate problemā€¦ Iā€™m thinking Milk Chocolate INW but thereā€™s also a thick syrup flavor inside. Really not sure how I could get chocolate to play with sour.

Iā€™m guessing itā€™d be a very tricky mix so I havenā€™t been brave enough to try it yet. Got too many recipes in R&D right now to make an attempt but one day I will :smirk:

You could use a mix of TFA Marshmallow, Vanilla, and Vienna Cream maybe for the filling. I donā€™t have any cherry yet or Iā€™d give it a go.

Sounds like Flavorahā€™s Bing Cherry would be good :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

I was hoping someone would save me the trouble of doing a search :wink: