Single Flavor Recpies with High Nic

Hey Folks,
Dont mind my dumb questions :slight_smile:
so is that possible to make Single Flavor with high nic like 9~12
and its it possible to make a single flavor from each flavor out !
my English isnt that good so i dunno if i said it correct
like Only Mango or Just Blueberry , Ry4 … etc
or there is some cant be used on it own
i’ll use 50:50 mixes

1 Like

Yes!

In fact that was how I started mixing, first with single flavours, then I started combining two flavours, then 3 etc.

It is however not all flavours that is suitable for single flavour mixing, as a general rule most fruits will work quite well alone, but most desert flavours works best in more complex mixes. I am however sure there also are many exceptions to this rule.

7 Likes

You have total freedom with what you do, you don’t even have to use flavoring, simple PG/VG/nic works well if you’re just after a nicotine fix.

This is the recommended method to get to know your flavors. Most people quickly go to mixes with several flavors however. Just like someone can enjoy separate ingredients with food, it’s usually a lot nicer to bring some ingredients together.
Not only that, but the flavors that we use often just cover a small spectrum of the flavor they represent. If for example you vape a single Mango, most people will find that “something” is missing to be fully enjoyable and they’ll add a mango (or 2, or 3) from other brands to get a fuller flavor.
With some additives, you can also sweeten your juice, make it a bit more sour, tart, bitter, give it a bit more “texture”. That’s the nice thing about DIY, you can really fine tune your recipes exactly to how you like it.
But once you’re starting to do that, you’ll see what everybody here means with the infamous rabbit hole…

7 Likes

aight gotcha thanks
but shall i start with any percentage while mixing or there is an limit ( minimum & maximum ) of a single flavor recipe

3 Likes

thats a lot of information’s thanks mate <3
but shall i start with any percentage while mixing or there is an limit ( minimum & maximum ) of a single flavor recipe

3 Likes

You should always check the flavor pages before you create a recipe. It gives you the average and median use for a flavor, both in a recipe and as a single flavor.
If you expand the notes, you’ll also see what individual people recommend as a single flavor %.

It’s always best to start a bit lower than the lowest %. Mix it up and try, so you’ll get an idea of how strong you want it. It’s easier to add flavoring than to dilute your juice…

With a bit of proper research, you’ll also find out if a concentrate is an upsteeper (meaning it’ll gain strength with steeping) or a fader (meaning it loses strength with steeping, like a lot of fruits do but definitely not all).

Also keep in mind that more concentrate doesn’t necessarily give you more flavor. Sometimes flavors aren’t very strong, no matter what you do. Adding one or more additional flavors or an enhancer can make your flavor “pop”. You’ll often see combinations with cactus, dragonfruit, blackcurrant or raspberry to get that effect on strawberries. They’re pretty much used like one would use salt and pepper in a dish.

6 Likes

Okay thanks mate

4 Likes

What kinds of flavors are you interested in? I have some really simple recipes that are delicious and pretty cheap to make if youd be interested :wink:

4 Likes

Fruits , Cream & Tobaccos i guess am interested on all of em :smiley:
and that will be grateful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

9 Likes

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

When I first started I almost religiously went thru liquid barn for my flavors due to them being relatively inexpensive and very easy to mend and work with. For bakeries id check out their Bakers Touch, Wich has a very nice spice flavor with a pastry type feel. For candies id try their blue Raspberry, which is phenomenal. Their honeydew is very good too. DIY OR DIE’s kings custard oneshot is one of my alltime favorites thru them. Hope this helps and cant wait to hear your opinions!

4 Likes

Too true though

2 Likes

1 Like

seems like its not easy to make a research :frowning:
so id check TPA/TFA/Signature Starting Percentages the percentage there and adapt them if i taste it weaker/stronger than i wants

2 Likes

This was my first diy haul and the concentrates lasted me for about 3 months before I had to re up

1 Like

With the LB stuff they have the reccomended percentage on the label for beginners☺

1 Like

There are several ways of doing research… going through the forum is one but keep in mind that that thread was started over 3 years ago. Vape equipment has evolved and the current trend is to use lower %.
Another way of checking % is to go to the flavor page on the recipe side of the site.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors
If you look for example for Mango TPA, you’ll see this

When you scroll down, you’ll also see a NOTES section that you can expand to see people’s opinions on it.

The median % is usually what people use to guage how to mix, or to recalculate a substitution if you’re replacing a flavor in an existing recipe.

A lot of this information is readily available in the beginners section of the forum. I highly recommend that you spend some time reading through those posts.

4 Likes

ahhh seems like i was searching by the wrong way :expressionless:
going to check the beginners section

3 Likes

Hmmn… not necessarily.
Notes that people make about flavors disappear when they remove the flavor from their stash. Because of it, people use the forum a lot to write their opinions/reviews about flavors. You should ideally use both forum and recipe site to get the most out of ELR.

3 Likes