Site telling me my recipe is a copy of someone else's

As the title says, I noticed today that above one of my recipes, it says it is a copy of another recipe, by a different user??

Besides the fact I never take someone’s mixes and post them as my own, my mix was made a half of a year earlier?

I’m not sure what this is all about but I can see how it may cause problems in the future.

Here’s one for an example. It says I copied blue voodoo. Mine was made in March 2016. His, Sept 2016…

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/506207/saved

2 Likes

Well I always adapt the popular ones because I seldom have all the proper ingredients. I usually keep them private. This is only when you post them as public, right?

1 Like

No. This one was public the day I posted it. Some how theres a glitch that says I copied and posted it from someone else’s recipe…half a year in the future

1 Like

Point is, it’s NOT a copy of someone’s recipe because it was made and posted 6 months before said mix was even posted

1 Like

You should bring this to the attention of @daath

1 Like

That recipe is just a nic base and the blue voodoo is also a nic base - it has no flavors. Is it happening on others? it may have been a by-product of the implementation.

1 Like

There aren’t any flavors in this?! It looks like it’s from back when it was possible to lose flavors if it wasn’t saved properly (I fixed that, remember?)…

The reason it says it’s a copy, is because it uses the flavor combination and percentages as a fingerprint (and there aren’t any here)…

1 Like

Yeah this was just a recipe for a nicotine base. Not a big deal and maybe I am reading it wrong?

Someone commented on it today and when I went to reply, I saw in red, “This recipe is a copy of…”

I took it as it was saying I copied and posted someone elses

1 Like

It only means both recipes uses exactly the same flavors in exactly the same percentages (none!) and one is older than the other :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, I miss read/understood

1 Like

Black cat in the matrix again? Dammit.

2 Likes

Damn, and I thought you’d mastered time travel.

1 Like