Smileys (or "quick reactions")

For hrmmmm maybe two weeks? I’ve not been able to ‘add to’ any pre-smiled-upon post (includes thumbsup) by using the pre-selected group of 6 or 7 choices.

I’m using Chrome, and have done the traditional clearing of cache, rebooting the browser, and even the phone.

As long as no one else has used one of the preselected emotes, everything works as it should.

Anyone else getting this? Or am I just the special flower? :roll_eyes: lol

Oh! And should we be able to use that same function on our own post? I was able to do that (by accident once) but haven’t tried to repeat it.
I can test that again if desired.

4 Likes

Same here.

Since I am new I thought that was how it is, though…

Browser: Chrome

3 Likes

And just was able to laugh at myself too ^^

3 Likes

They come and go

Browser: Safari

3 Likes

It was completely gone for a short while, because of the messages/profile page issue, until I realized that it was not what was causing it.

You can like and reply to your own post, so why not also react? :slight_smile: Anyway, it’s a third party plugin, so it’s a bit hard to modify its behavior… :slight_smile:

I’m using Firefox right now and it works fine here… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Figures. Lol

1 Like

Exhibit A Your Forumness:

Nothing to click on (for likes), just the count.

1 Like

Safari here on my iPad, same here. When I click the smiley face next to the “like” heart on a post, my screen darkens and no selections are there to be made. Worked before, just within the last week, or maybe longer… it’s freakin hot here end the days are running together! Lol

1 Like

Slimjet Browser (chrome workaround/similar) in 32 bit Linux. No problems.

2 Likes

Sorry thought I could delete post so I just rewrote it

1 Like

I’ve had a similar issue past few weeks. I’m using Firefox. I can add a reaction emoji that hasn’t been used, but I can’t click on an existing reaction emoji and increase the count. The likes work fine.

2 Likes

When i click to add the whatnot it doesn’t show in the count until the page is refreshed - it used to update immediately adding a new one does update immediately.

6 Likes

Ah, how 'bout dat. Refreshing is the trick. And clicking on it again takes away the reaction or the like. Thanks!

1 Like

Very odd. Same problem here. The refresh did work, so the thing is registering the click, it’s just not automatically updating the count. I’ll post over on the plugin page for the thing if I remember.

I’ve had the black screen problem before as well, and the thing that fixed it for me was logging out of the forum and then logging back in.

Glitchy plug-ins. :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Odd. The likes look strange, but it looks like you can react to yourself :smiley: haha

2 Likes

I can’t like my own posts either. Which is cool. I don’t like what I say anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@daath
Just in case you’ve been otherwise occupied… Thought I’d bring it to your attention that the Smileys have gone MIA again (and have been for the last couple days…)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

2 Likes

lol, I was wondering what happened to that laughing reaction emoji I left at someone else’s misfortune.

1 Like

Ok guys, update…the plugin is confirmed broken at the moment so it has been disabled for now. I’ll re-enable it once the developer has it fixed for the latest version of discourse. Sit tight, it should be back eventually. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, looks like they’re advancing on getting things sorted out… But still a ways to go. (Hey, at least it’s a start!)

Initial reports are, still broken on iPad, and I can add Android to that, as seen here:

They also seem to be “shifting on the fly” (different results available on different posts):

4 Likes