Smok TF-RTA and stainless coils

Anyone have any experience building SS coils on the G4 yet? Ordered a role of 22ga 316L from Lightning…wondering if i can even fit coils…

i have t he G4, but still vaping the pre-installed coils. i’ll be putting a SS build on it eventually, so i’ll try to remember to post it…you do the same…deal?

Deal! Not sure when tank is arriving from cigabuy, but wire should arrive this weekend. Thinking of trying vertical coils too…I’ve been seeing many in griffins lately…

I only built on the G2, but it’s a beautiful tank!

3 Likes

I don’t have, but I thought about it… The deck looks to be a bit more than I’d rather deal with. I’ve seen a few reviews, and build tutorials for it… I can’t see 22 gauge fitting. One I watched was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtdvC_eSqg
Video quality isn’t good, but…he struggled but finally got it…

26 ga. 6 wrap 2.5mm quads

1 Like

Tank finally showed up. I have it wicked and running at 100W with the stock claptons. Looking to replace in a week or two. Tank is a little leaky, but that’s my own fault as I wicked lightly to avoid dry hits. Next coils will be that fat 316 wire. Will keep you all posted on how that goes. If the standard horizontal coils won’t do, might try some verticals copying the griffin technique I’ve been seeing out there on youtube.

So, after hours of screwing around and trying to wrap some stainless coils, I finally manage to get some 4 wrap 22ga stainless coils onto the deck…checked the ohms and they seemed to read fine…put it on RX200, atomizer too low…fiddled a bit and realized that my 4 spaced wraps were probably too low in wattage mode…kicked over to SS mode, same problem…So, I yanked the coils and tried my hand at twisting up some clapton wire…I suck at it…hahaha…so, I would up putting some unspaced 24ga Kanthal in for now and am tugging away finally having the thing working…will try again with some 6 wrap 22ga to see what I can get out of the tank and maybe get to use some temp control…more to come…by the way, replacing coils on this beast is a pain in the ass…I found that keeping the stock coils to use as a rough template for leg length was very helpful and that tightening the lower legs first and then working the top leg sped things up quite a bit…just my 2 cents for those that may be replacing coils…

1 Like