Smok TF-RTA

In the glory of all these awesome tanks lately, my RDA’s aren’t seeing much play time…so I have no idea what’s going on in the world of RDA’s…BUT, i saw that the Bo’sun went back into production and are available again…and THAT is an RDA I would buy…go check it out!

2 Likes

I probably would not go for G4 but the G2. I might switch once they sell the decks as spares. Another issue I have noticed is that I can’t seem to be able to get it in the UK!

Decks are available separately already…doesn’t 3FVAPE sell and ship internationally?

Looks like a nice bit of kit that brother. I will enquire. :ok_hand:

Bypass the griffin and aromamizer and go for the Boreas. Best flavour rdta i own. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know how the shipping would be , but I absolutely love the Bo-Sun rda’s.I bought one during their first run a couple of months ago.I picked up a couple more last week.Here is a link to the discussion about them.

2 Likes

Yup…you are the reason I know anything at all about this RDA

2 Likes

Nice deep juice well. Like the finish on it too, SHINY :yum:

1 Like

I think I’ll just pull the trigger on the Boreas. I am still thinking about the Moonshot simply because it’s tiny ad I like that.

2 Likes

Which color G4 did you get? If it’s the black one, does it have silver rings around the base? All the preproduction literature showed a pure black atty that looked really hot. Now I’m seeing a bunch of pics showing it with silver rings. Prefer the all black, may have to order the stainless one if it’s got the rings.

1 Like

i got the silver one

1 Like

The black versions have 2 small silver rings on the base. It’s fairly unintrusive though, I prefer the black versions over the stainless ones.

Edit: I’ll have a review on both the G2 and G4 tanks up next week.

4 Likes

Just spent the last hour re-coiling my G4 deck. This one will test your patience, there’s no doubt about it. But once I got the first coil installed the rest went fairly easy. The wicking…now that’s another story. I should have taken pictures but was too interested in seeing how it would work that I let that slip by. I’ll try to be as descriptive as possible so that if you own one you’ll know what I’m talking about.

First, I built with 316L SS, 26ga and did four coils at 7 wraps on 2.5mm. Spaced. This made for a very tight fit with very little room between the coils. That got me thinking about when I wicked it up out of the box with the quad claptons installed. Those are 2mm inner diameter and I remember, even with the smaller coils and consequently less cotton, the wicking of all tails into the juice channels was difficult. Those channels just aren’t large enough to accommodate that much wick. So what I did with the rebuild and larger coils is I used the wick tails on the right side of each coil as the only wick to go into the channels. And rather than just putting it slightly into the channels, this time I put them all the way down to the bottom of the channels so that it covered up the bottom coil screw. On the left side of the coils I cut the tails off, but left them long enough so that they sit via pressure against the wicks of the coil to its left that is going down into the channel. That way each coil has juice feeding to it from both sides.

I was afraid air flow would suffer but it’s perfect with AFC wide open. The vape is incredible. I can’t say better than the clapton stock build because I got frustrated with it leaking as my first wick job was obviously inadequate. But not now…wicking great and no leaks. I put it in wattage mode at 100 watts and chain vaped for about minute and it never suffered a dry hit - just full on flavor and in your face vapor. Then I put it at 130 watts and after a couple of pulls I could tell it was still wicking good, it’s just the juice I’m using doesn’t like that much umph. I didn’t taste any burnt cotton but the flavor of the juice was off as some can be when run too hot.

Went back to TC. Oops, something is amiss. It’s reading my coil at 0.11 but it should be higher because it’s hot and the baseline was 0.14. So I pulled it from the mod, let both cool down to room temperature. Reinstalled, the DNA mod asked if it was a new coil and I selected yes. Back to cooking with gas. Amazing vape…for a minute then it started going into temp protection and hardly any vape. Ohms didn’t go back down so I may have a loose deck screw. I’m not sure how much a problem this build will be and I’ve had this type issue with SS before so I’m not stressing over it. Back to watts and it’s game on again. Would be great to rebuild this with Ti and I may try with some 28ga in a few days. For now though I’m stoked about the wicking choice but got my eyes and ears open if anyone has a better method.

7 Likes