Smok TF-RTA

Interesting entry for Smok into the world of RTAs. They are introducing two 24.5mm RTAs. One with a two post velocity deck (TF-RTA G2) and one with a kind of unique four-post quad coil design(TF-RTA G4). Both are similar to a full size TFV4 but also add juice control and the RTA section.

http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tf-rta

5 Likes

Seems like the Griffin will have many competitors this year. VCMT, Gemini and now this. Just in time for upgrade I need. I wonder how the sealing system will work. Not really interested in the G4 version, though,

1 Like

Have to wonder if they’ll be selling the decks as swappable options or only available as the whole kit. There’s threading on the bottom so we know they should be removable.

Looks awesome, the 4 coils wow, I hope it’s going to be a good one

1 Like

THIS is the kinda shit that gets me going! great share, brother! i’l be on that for sure! i didnt see a release date…you know anything?

1 Like

Well 3fvape already has it up for pre-order. So, that means like sometime next week, right? ROFLMAO!!! :grin:

3 Likes

I like the fact you can see the juice inlet so you can tell if the flood is coming or not…haha

1 Like

i received my G4 yesterday and built it last night…this thing is so incredibly smooth and some of the best flavor and cloud output that i have seen from a tank! right up there along withe the Boreas and the Aromamizer!
definitely one for people like @Pro_Vapes!

4 Likes

How’s the wicking and building on the G4? Was leaning towards the G2 because it looks so tight.

1 Like

I watched a youtube video on this. I don’t think I could keep it above .05 ohm with the Ti. Maybe with 28g? If you do a Ti build let me know how it goes.

1 Like

it came to me with a build already in it…its a clapton wire coil on a 2mm ID, 4 wraps, i think…i wicked it with some fiberfreaks cellulose without a problem. it wicks/juices up without any problem…i can chain vape without a single hint of a dry hit. the vapor is very dense, very full of flavor. and the smoothness of the vape is almost unbelievable…its so very very smooth and flavorful. not gonna lie, it surptised the hell outta me. its THAT nice!
and @Pro_Vapes i will throw a Ti build on it at some point and post on it.i think its completely doable to keep the ohms above 0.05…
the decks are interchangeable, the G2 and G4, and they said they would be releasing other decks…and thats exciting, because these guys are on to sumpin here! and they are very affordable…under $30!

4 Likes

The guy in the video pretty much described it word for word the same as you. It sounds like a winner.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, and I can’t find a single photo that shows it, does the RTA use the same o-ring on the chimney setup as the standard TFV4? That was always the leak point for me on the TFV4 and I can’t see one in any of the photos.

1 Like

absolutely.no.clue.

Lol, Here’s a pic of the offending section. Maybe @Pro_Vapes or @daath can lend some insight. I had one of my tanks start leaking from that section and haven’t found a replacement o-ring that stops it. Had to shelve that tank for now. Do either of you know if the RTA uses the same o-ring connection on the chimney?

1 Like

maybe you can find what you need here:

http://www.3fvape.com/misc/7783-multi-size-silicone-ring-set-for-e-cigarette-translucent-100-pcs.html?search_query=Multi-size+Silicone+Ring+Set+for+E-cigarette&results=3

http://www.3fvape.com/misc/7399-multi-size-silicone-ring-set-for-e-cigarette-white-225-pcs.html?search_query=Multi-size+Silicone+Ring+Set+for+E-cigarette&results=3

1 Like

Not worried about fixing it. Just wanted to know if the RTA uses the same connection to the chimney. Thanks for the tip though.

God Damn It!!! you are not making this easy for me! I will pull the trigger on a new tank on Friday (yay payday!). Was set on the Moonshot until the Aromamizer(s) and new Griffin. Now TF-RTA! I NEEDS TO KNOW!

All I want is the best flavour. I am not bothered about the capacity at all. Velocity deck would be a + but not a requirement.

Help?

1 Like

Here’s my input:
I already have 2 Aromamizers, so the v2 is not an issue…I bought the Boreas and the Supreme and the Boreas ended up being the greatest I ever used and the Supreme didn’t impress me at all. I have 22mm Griffins, and the 25mm Griffin didn’t command my attention. I bought the TF-RTA G4 and it is probably the smoothest, most flavorful ever, right up there with the Boreas, and the TF-RTA has interchangeable decks…right now 2 are available: the G2 and the G4, and supposedly more on the way…I have the Moonshot and while it is incredibly flavorful, it is very user unfriendly…
So that points all fingers toward the Boreas and the TF-RTA…they are both easy to build on and have pretty decent size capacity, 7mls and 4.5ml respectively. …
That help any?

5 Likes

Damm it, another one to buy. Hehehe…
Just need a flavourful rda to go with it.
Any suggestions? [quote=“Whiterose0818, post:19, topic:56304”]
TF-RTA
[/quote]

1 Like