Smok TFV4 leakage

No it is the factory build, will put new build in though to check. Centre pin? Does not look like they adjust?

Excellent thought. I never had much luck with the holes and when using the single RBA head ended up with the leads under the screw head. Pain in the ass but solid. Also, gotta make sure the lead that jumps the gap between positive/negative on the deck isnā€™t shorting it.

So @john70, letā€™s define some terms here. Because you were saying RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) so I thought you had two different toppers - a dripper and the TFV4. But youā€™re talking about the RBA (rebuildable atomizer) for the TFV4, right? If so weā€™re on the same page nowā€¦confusion on my end.

So, the enormous center pin on the RBA deck is actually threaded on the end which goes through the positive plate of the build deck. It holds down the peek insulator. Does yours look cockeyed like this?

If not, you still may have an issue. Place a screwdriver through the hold on the pin and hold the threaded part of the atty firmly. Can you wiggle it back and forth? Is the positive deck moving?

If so, you may have a bad connection in your positive pin. If you have some small channel lock pliers that works best. But anything you can grip the positive and negative plates with at the same time (gently) then use the screwdriver to tighten it back up. With the pin facing you it will tighten clockwise.

See if that helps.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not had any issues with my dual coil deck. I would imagine itā€™s much the same but I have it wicked and loaded so Iā€™m not tearing it down just now. If you still need help with this tomorrow when my tank is empty post a note here and Iā€™ll tear mine down so I can share with you.

1 Like

Not cockeyed no, put screwdriver in, held top and twisted eighth or so of a turn. Did not seem loose when I tried to wiggle. Will take factory coil out and try again. Thx for all the help

Oh yeah, remember that tooā€¦

Check atomizer Got to get some sleep. Will put new build in tomorrow. Getting a couple dual coil rba for smok wed

@SthrnMixer lol yes rBA thx!

This is most likely the culprit. I had the same issue, but bought a thicker o ring and it stopped leaking. When you screw it all the way down, the o-ring bunches and leaves a gap that juice flows through.

I have had nothing but leaking issues with my tfv4 mini since I got it. With stock coils, I donā€™t build. I have tried every trick I have found on the forums and youtube, except for buying new o-rings for it as suggested on one forum. First tank or two run right out the air holes slowly while sitting there. Iā€™m done with it. Going to put it along with some other hardware up for sale or trade on one of those appropriate forums. My frustration level with it has ruined me with it. Iā€™ve gone through two $20 boxes of coils. Not throwing away more money. From what Iā€™ve read itā€™s a fairly common issue with these tanksā€¦

The tfv4 i got today with single coil rba seems to be having this leaking issue also. Juice flows quite profusely out the air holes after filling (closed or not, but moreso whwn not for sure) and randomly thruout usage. Going to do the run down- rewick, if that doesnt help, check orings, if that doesnt help ill just hope fasttech hurries with my aromamizer supreme i guessā€¦ Only paid a bottle of juice for this tank so i am not excited to spend forever troubleshooting, ill just tinker once in a while till i get it, or dont. Previous owner told me of the issue and said premade coils it doesnt leak so i am leaning toward that bottom oring on it, its looking pretty flat nowhere near as full and fresh as some pics i have seen on this thread. I also got the bag of spare orings and seals and top fill etcā€¦ With it so i think ill get it proper shortly. Thanks for the helpful thread guys

1 Like