Smok TFV4, one tank to rule them all

Thanks good to hear.
filled once since w air closed, seemed to work ok.
Some kind of “syphoning” effect maybe? IDK wait and see I guess.

You’re a trucker right? Are you spending most of your time kinda local or are you going through a lot of temperature and elevation changes? I’m not suggesting that’s the problem only that it could contribute.

Funny you would mention that. Knew you were a smart guy.
Yes, I run 48 states and Canada and I’m also a Private Pilot as a hobby.
Pressure change is a definite factor, I found the hard way.
Whether in flight or crossing a mountain range, sea level to about 3500ft, no issues, over that I have to keep the paper towels handy cause the juice is comin’ out.
I’ve just learned to deal with it.
Just getting pissed when it leaks out after filling when I’m sitting still. Just not sure.

I have never once had my TFV4 leak. But then again, I don’t use the RBA. I use the Quad Coils. I just ordered a second TFV4. Loving the hell out of this thing. But I have yet to get a build I like on that tiny RBA. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Are you using the dual RBA? If not that’s what I would recommend. It’s not really tiny. This is 22ga Ti. Spaced on 2.5mm.

EDIT. FIRST PHOTO WAS WRONG

1 Like

Yeah, that is what I have. I haven’t tried to build with Ti on it yet. I may try that tomorrow. Tonight I am on a mixing spree!

I’ve had zero problems building the TFV4 and that is wicking with hemp! (Hemp is a lot less forgiving than cotton, especially on flooding.) The only people I’ve ever heard with issues on a TFV4 are due to over tightening the coil or RBA in the base and distorting that white rubber piece

knock on wood, I’ve had the tank since the back ones came out and never had a leaking issue. It’s a power hog and from a brand I despise. . but no leaks, even when flying commercial.

1 Like

I’m a GIRL, and I can build on it! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I already had the dual RBA built with Ti sitting in the box. I forgot all about it. Actually, I don’t remember rebuilding it. It vapes pretty damn good. I need to increase the coil size I think. But I really like it.

2 Likes

It’s a scientific fact that on average women have more manual dexterity than men. So while our hands look the same, mine act more like hooves. :slight_smile: But I can build on it too, just takes longer and afterward I have to drink a protein shake :laughing:

3 Likes

hahah hooves :smiley: Somehow that reminded me of a dog reaching for stuff - that is hilarious!

A small taste:

3 Likes

That is one patient floof! My dog would have flipped the table after 3 seconds… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You have a big dog then :smiley: I have a small one! Regardless, it’s hilarious to watch them reach for stuff :smiley:

1 Like

My main issue was cracking the glass. Solved the problem now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn, that actually looks quite nice!

If I didn’t have a moratorium on buying SMOK products I would be interested in this. It’s a beautiful setup.

3 Likes

I finally got this in the mail the other day from gearbest.com (took 3 weeks) and…

whaddamess…

This badboy leaks like a mutha. I left it about half full and went to bed.Woke up to a very well covered MOD. My juice was thick (80/20 VG/PG) and I did not overfill. I see there are some replacement gaskets which I am going to give a shot but…

All I can say is WTF??! I just thought this thing was going to be THE ONE TO RULE THEM ALL. So far I actually use my Melo 2 instead (which gets very little love but the damned thing works and doesn’t leak and the coils aren’t big $$$).

Anyone have thoughts on ways to jerry-rig this to stop the heavy flow? I went through this with the Aspire Triton v.1 and swore I wouldn’t make the mistake again. So much for my objective research ability.

I had this problem with one of mine to find the glass was too long which meant the coil didn’t seal correctly. After swapping for the spare glass it worked fine. I now use the acrylic replacement which seals really well.

nice! trying that now…thanks buddy