So amazing it deserves it's own post ...Whiterose did it again

C is the discharge rate. its a measure of the amps output etc. Don’t remember the maths but its around

hahaha, wouldn’t wanna let you down !

1 Like

@Whiterose0818 can point you in the right direction for a charger.He asked me a few questions and gave me a few options.
I bought the Imax B6 Mini made by SkyRc and have been well pleased with it.
Sorry not much help on my mobile ATM!:slight_smile:

look on amain.com it’s RC but that’s perfect. Best over-all RC online retailer.

2 Likes

makes sure you get one with a powersupply within it. Uless you have a 12v power supply, that’s the old school way but they still sell them and they are cheaper so don’t be fooled.

that imax is a good unit, btw

1 Like

yeah i’m uk, I’m scouring Amazon…could do with sooner rather than later I think…

cheers for the info man :wink:

amain are good even overseas I live in OZ. however, in the UK you are looking for a RC car site then or your local hobby shop, that will be quickest.

1 Like

Maybe Maplins mate ?

and as volition said, a hobby shop, they may still be open today

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/c/35/
that’s the best UK retailer - even got the chargers page there.

I recently bought this one and love it…fast, affordable and charges through balance port only.
EV-Peak e4 (4Amps, 50Watts) 2S, 3S, 4S (7.4V, 11.1V, 14.8V) AC Lipo Balancing Battery Charger w/ WARRANTY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DN2BN5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gBOxybZQ459AF

I have to do some running, but will check this entire thread when I return!

3 Likes

I use a HiTEC X4 AC Plus 4 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger but have it hooked to a Pyramid PS-52KX for power.

You could use a IMAX B6 but you will need a power cord for UK or a 12V regulated supply.

2 Likes

@Pugs1970
Might not be a bad idea to try to get the same lipo, as many lipo of different brands have different length leads…and, as you surely noticed, there isn’t much room inside that mod. If you order/buy a different brand, just try to match up your cable length.
As far as the C rating, anything over 35C will work.

3 Likes

awesome thanks for all the info guys…I am trawling …:wink: see what I can find…

1 Like

I’m ALWAYS available for questions…I’m just not always on this forum checking…I’m super busy. If you need immediate attention, tag me, bro. I’m out shopping today, I’ll check my phone throughout the day.
Much love, Brother!

5 Likes

Btw, ideally get the same lipo’s but if you have any soldering skills the connectors and wires can be altered. Are they XT60’s or XT90 connectors @Whiterose0818 . Ideally don’t but it can be done with out too much drama. If it comes to it. Hopefully not needed, but if it ever gets to a point let me know.

Else there should be plenty to work on from here.

Lipo care - they don’t like to be discharged too much. I won’t let them go below 3.6v per cell , also if you are storing for longer then say 3 or 4 days charge them to 3.8v per cell. A lot of chargers have a storage setting which does that for you. Last one. You will get 2 times the life out of them by storing in the fridge. I have a watertight container I put them in and you let them just warm up a little before use.

They are amazing bits of gear.

3 Likes

The board used in his mod has low voltage cutoff…but you are definitely right. The Smart PWM v2.2s have a slight idle battery drain, so when low voltage cutoff has been reached, IMMEDIATELY remove from the mod and charge as soon as possible!

3 Likes

FYI all, the C rating is multiplied by the pack capacity to give you the maximum rated continuous current draw. I have 100C 2250mAH batt, so 2.25AH, multiply by 100 = 225A continuous discharge. Pulsed they can go even higher, this is all without damaging the cells. In general higher capacity must have lower C ratings because of the necessarily higher internal battery resistance which reduces the max possible current.

I agree with Whiterose above. The EVpeak charger from Amazon works well for me…I kinda like having to wait for a charge tho. It makes me appreciate the mod even more.

Under heavy use, even this monster doesnt get warm, at all, until the cells are near cutoff.

5 Likes

Very beautiful mod love all the color I do wonder …is it heavy ?

3 Likes

I can’t answer that in all fairness…I’m 6’4 240lbs, lol.
It’s tiny in my hands!

4 Likes