So I ordered a thing

Ordered a press-in bottle adapter with bottle and syringe to see if this makes it easier to do nic with. I seriously hate the idea of spilling 100mg nic so hoping this will work and bring me peace of mind :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@authormichellehughes Your post made me curious, do you have a link for that contraption ?

4 Likes

I’ve often considered TRYING to speed up my mixing, and mainly the NIC. Everything else I have in squeeze bottles, 500ml VG/PG bottles, etc. Guess I’m getting lazy, but to still have to syringe the NIC does slow me down.

2 Likes

I only work with 72mg nic and I’m probably not an example to follow… but I’ve got my nic in a 100ml squeeze bottle and work without gloves. I just have some paper towel handy for spillage but so far haven’t had to use it often.
I poor my PG from a liter bottle straight in my mix and VG even from a gallon bottle. Usually I’m accurate up to 0.1g… getting handy with it after all this time.

3 Likes

Um Lars don’t kick me for this he asked LOL https://www.delosilabs.com/diy-eliquid-supplies/press-in-bottle-adapters/ I saw Jenn from Higgy Cigs use them in her lab and want to give it a shot

3 Likes

I have my PG and VG is squeezy bottles makes it easier for me but I still get the leaks LOL

2 Likes

The way I saw Jenn do it… her syringe with the adapter stay in her bottle always at the lab, so you still have to use a syringe but it seals … and I suck at explaining things…

2 Likes

I started off with 100ml bottles for my PG and VG, but I got so tired of putting the stuff from a bigger bottle to a smaller bottle to a yet smaller bottle that I just cut out the middle man :grimacing:

The e-liquid bottles I have have a large enough opening to make it all easy and if I poor a few mg of extra PG or VG, it’s really not making any difference. My liter bottle of PG does have one of those dropper inserts but the VG bottle is full on wide opening. Perhaps not as easy as a squeezy bottle but once you get the hang of it, it’s all OK.

3 Likes

Ketchup / mustard bottles at Walmart. Under a $1 each, and zero leak issues. :wink:

9 Likes

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY bottles that have been able to keep up with my constant

squeeze, squeeze, squeezing, were/are the 500ml bottles from @LiquidBarn.

And yes, for the more un-adventureous the blankies …

But for my NIC, scared to toss into a plastic bottle. Still looking for a clean/fast/easy/secure NIC quick setup.

4 Likes

I use this and it does make things much easier. If I ever buy nic without a top like this, I’m transferring it.

3 Likes

I guess I’m just old school. I grasp the nic bottle with my left hand against the counter. With a disposable pipette in my right hand, I press tare on the scale, unscrew the nic lid, extract and dispurse, drop pipette in sink, screw cap back on, all the while holding the nic bottle in my left hand.

2 Likes

We made a few changes a couple years ago to make our bottles as functional as possible for DIYers. Bottles that have a twist open cap/nozzle for easy dispensing. Smaller bottles for nicotine so you can open one at a time and store the rest bottles without exposing to air/light. Glad to hear you approve of our bottles :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sure glad you guys did. Going to be picking up some more soon @LiquidBarn !!!

4 Likes