Soapy aftertaste 🤢

After about a month of vaping I started to get this nasty plastic/soapy aftertaste after every drag. Been mixing and vaping on and off for the last few years and everytime about a month in I start getting this weird taste. When I take a drag I get the right flavor on both inhale and exhale but after blowing it fully out im left with taste that is hard to describe, plastic/soapy.

I havent washed any of my gear in soap, or ever used soap on bottles etc. I try different mod setups, same thing. Is this from having to many different flavor juices going on rotating through the device?

Th VG I use smells normal, mixing max vg. I just cant figure out what is causing this

5 Likes

Os there a flavor you use in most if your liquids or an additive ??? Smell and Taste can change

4 Likes

@Ashuwixen you’ve got plenty of veteran vapers here to help you out. NOW, going to have to ask you some pain in the ass questions, so we CAN help you.

If you help us, we’ll help you back. Exactly what are you vaping, i.e. commercial juices, self made ?
If self made, give us a recipe or two so we can see the flavors and percentages, including vg/pg/nic levels. You said you’ve tried different setups, which ones exactly.

Once we get more details, we can offer more detailed help. As far as soapy, about the only times I’ve ever gotten that type of profile, was when either the flavors/juices were just BAD, or the flavors were mixed at too high of a level, leaving a soapy or sometimes floral/perfumey profile.

Hit us back

9 Likes

Ive done this MANY times with all MF recipes

7 Likes

That’s the first thought that sprang to my mind. Keep in mind @Ashuwixen that your tastebuds improve the longer you’re off cigarettes.

I remember loving TPA’s Cubano type mixed at 5%.
I tried that again a short while back, it was horrendous :scream:

10 Likes

recipies have been pretty diverse using different elements, all fresh flavors, and new recipies, really hard to tell. I had the same thing happen a year ago with completly different juice

5 Likes

These are the three main ones im vaping, all self mixed and made. Since the simple twister is also causing it im starting to think its either my cotton/gear or my sinus are completly wack lol

4 Likes

i get the funk taste/smell like right after the last bit of vapor is puffed out, its like that weird synthetic smell you get after opening a boxed product made of factory constructed plastic parts. Can the nonstick stuff they put on/in the plastic bottles seep into juice if its been sitting awhile?

5 Likes

Let me ask you this…

what’s the brand of your vg?

how often do you change your coils and cotton, or are you using prebuilt coils?

4 Likes

bullcityflavors VG

5 Likes

just checking everything… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

gear set ups
vandy pulse X, and topside both using wotofo profile mesh rda, 40-50w .13

4 Likes

when i started getting that taste about a week ago I changed the coil and cotton, after a few vape sessions taste was there again. ive changed the coils like 4 now. thought it might be the squonk tube , swapped devices and nasty taste was still there. seems the only way im going to be able to figure this out is to get a new mod with some completly different and new juice =/

5 Likes

Only thing I see in the recipes is that the top 2 have a good amount of AP … It could just be your tired of the recipes …Sorry my friend but sometimes it a mystery to me the way we react to what we vape…Change up what you vape and see if you are still getting soapy taste …Test you VG by itself , then test VG and PG together…Last test the VG , PG and Nic together …hopefully you will find it there

7 Likes

yes it is strange. Just tried the same juices in my orion plus and there is no nasty taste. seems to be somthing wrong with the profile meah rda, cotton, sux cause I really liked the profile cause it was easy to setup

6 Likes

Thanks for the details, and with what @fidalgo_vapes mentioned, nothing looks “soapy”. Like you suggested, getting a different RDA, maybe even drip it to rule out your squonker and the mesh. I’m unaware of any coating applied to bottles. It’s interesting that you get this “soap” at the very END of a vape. Most times when I overflavored, I got it in the beginning, middle, and end, relentlessly.

6 Likes

I once got a bunch of cotton for free with a flavor order. I was very new to vaping then and I used it. The flavors of my not very good mixes at that time started tasting very off. After a few days I made the connection. The cotton looked fine, but maybe it got contaminated somehow. I threw it away and went back to my normally lousy mixes.

8 Likes

Think ive figured it out. The new york cheese cake v2,butter cream and golden butter, i put in the recees cheesecake recipe was two year old flavor that went through 2 hot summers in my garage. They passed the sniff test, but think they could have just gone off? they were in small 10ml glass drums.

5 Likes

2 hot summers in a garage is a lot for any flavor @Ashuwixen, doesn’t mean they’re bad, but that’s the worst for flavors.

7 Likes

Aha, that is what I always used to say when I vaped a recipe that was all MF. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes