Sobucky (SSA) Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer Series V -- Steeping Now!

@Schnappi1, funny you should ask …

8 Likes

Just stopping in to tell you I really appreciate all the flavor reviews, thank you!!

8 Likes

Thank you very much @netweight, I really appreciate it.

5 Likes

This made a great choc milk, agree with that rating :raised_hands: (the choc mousse) used a dash of ssa sweet choc, ooo creamy milky undertones and couple drops FA merengue.Was tempted to make it a shake naturally but have enough of those lol but a nice Choc milk it was

2 Likes

RE: Marshmallow SSA
I’ve been using Marshmallow PUR for a while now, I know you didn’t list PUR as a go to, but in your travels have you ever used it? I’m wondering if Marshmallow SSA could be a replacement?
As it goes, Bull City stopped selling Marshmallow PUR, they have a PIR Marshmallow II but I’m skeptical, version 2’s usually are either completely different or a shell of the original.

1 Like

@AZ_Jeep good to see you again. The PUR is a go to for me, and I’ve found it works better for me in cereals, and I have used it in some S’mores’s as well.

I’ll have to see if I have that one.

1 Like

Still one of the BEST uses for PUR MM that I have found …

5 Likes

I’m always lurking around :smiley:, I like your reviews better than most, you’re always spot on.
Hopefully Bull City will get PUR back in like they did with Milkshake MB (so glad to see its return) but now it’s labeled Milkshake MB (SSA) - I know MB, SSA and CNV are all the same company or at least cousins, sounds like SSA is taking up MB’s popular flavors.
I did email Bull City about MM PUR, Jessica said she doesn’t have any restock dates so that’s not very promising but I’ve seen it listed on some sites in Europe so there is some hope. She said she’s heard the PUR Marshmallow II is more like FA. I have and do use FA but based on your review my next order will include MM SSA.
If I don’t talk to you beforehand, have a good Christmas and New Year!

2 Likes

I’m very glad to hear that @AZ_Jeep, and thank you very much. Here’s to also hoping about the PUR at BCF. I hope you guys have a great Christmas and New Year as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Milky Caramel Fudge (SSA) 1% / 2% (12-11-23) – I spent a LOT of extra time on this one, and ended up doubling it from 1% to 2%. At 1% I got a faint creamy, maybe milky-ness to it, but not much else. I doubled it, and re-ran it, and although it did get a LITTLE stronger, it wasn’t much. Having been completely blown away by SSA’s Caramel Biscuit, I was somewhat let down by this one. It was a very light flavor even at 2%, and although I did get SOME milky-ness, the caramel and fudge were even lighter. For my tastes, it felt like it just wasn’t enough of either of the three. As an added bonus, hehe, I got an almost “baby powder” off-note. At 2% this was a very light flavor, and caution would have to be used, as I could see it being driven over in a mix. There was some mouthfeel, but again, (you guessed it), it was fairly light. All in, it wasn’t an off-putting flavor, but it just tasted like all 3 of the main profiles never really took off, at least for my tastes. A very light milky flavor with just a bit of mouthfeel, and slightly sweetened, with an even lighter caramel, and maybe a hint of fudge. Scoring this was going to be painful, BUT, it needed to be done, and I finally settled on a flat 5.0/10. Probably NOT on my “buy again” list. Please test for yourself, and report back.

9 Likes

I must interrupt this program. @2pct i get a really good caramel with a nice creamy mouthfeel. I dont get milk per se , so i wondered if the milky was because of the fudge like texture. Its not MF caramel good but remind me of better TPA Caramel Candy with a better mouthfeel.

8 Likes

I didn’t get ANYTHING like the Caramel I got in the Caramel Biscuit, and I think THAT, is what I had expected, and hence the shortfall.

4 Likes

I have the Caramel Biscuit which i havent tested or used in a mix. After the contest testing ill give it a go.

5 Likes

Caramel and Butterscotch are so hard to SFT…Im expecting more always .

4 Likes

Well, I’d be VERY interested to hear what you think about it, vs. this one. Again, not a terrible flavor, but it just felt thin, lacked focus, direction, and purpose for my tastes. BUT, you listened …

3 Likes

I am going to start putting out my thought more and releasing more recipes…I was gettting a bit bored with mixing for a bit . The contest was for a few different reasons , 1 was to hopefully revamp my enthusiasm for mixing which it has.

5 Likes

Well that is never a bad thing.

2 Likes

Whats weird is that i heard a bunch if people rave about milk caramel fudge. I was wondering if i got a bad bottle because i dont taste shit. I had to make sure i didnt forget to put the flavoring in the bottle ,then tested another flavor to be sure my rda was ok. Its so light in flavor its almost non existant. I dont get why some people like it. I went all the way up to 6 percent too. Glad i just saw your review and im not crazy

7 Likes

Well there you go, same here. I had EXPECTED it to mirror more closely what I got in the CB, but it completely didn’t, and rather, fell flat.

Same here.

I mean taste IS individual unique many times, and maybe you and I are Milky Caramel Fudge blind or something. After I posted my reviews, I looked up some of the other notes, and some loved it, but a few posted what we did @STR8V8PING.

Well roger that brother. The good news is, I can’t say you’re not crazy, but if you are, then I am TOO !!!

3 Likes

I briefly considered that. I completely disassembled the tank, cleaned, NEW COILS, cotton, the whole sheebang, re-tested at 1%, nothing, doubled, and posted the review.

2 Likes