Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I’ve been using the Milky Caramel Fudge and I like it but it’s not “the one”. But for caramels there is never “the one” for me. Still looking.

7 Likes

TELL ME ABOUT IT !!!

5 Likes

The milky caramel fudge isn’t a stand alone for me but has an outstanding texture and brings that special something to any mix. Think I only sft at 1.5 but generally use at 1 to compliment literally anything I throw it at. Been working on a floral scented caramel with it.

7 Likes

Cinnamon Apple Pie (SSA) 1.25% (10-30-31) – Who doesn’t love more pie ?? I love the pies, and couldn’t wait to get into this one. In the bottle this smelled more like almost a tart green apple, and when testing it, some of that faded, but it really felt like it was missing the “baked” aspect. There was some “filling” element in there, which kept it interesting, some very light crust, and a hint of spice. The more I tried, the less cinnamon I could detect, which left it a bit lacking, as well as the light crust element. Not a bad vape, but it just didn’t seem to really drive it home. Almost mid level sweet, and no off notes could be found. Overall the mouthfeel was very good, and it was smooth, but the all but missing cinnamon, lacking crust, and some missing “baked apple”-ness kept it from being stellar. Felt fairly placed at 6.9/10.

12 Likes

Cola (SSA) 1% (10-31-21) – Wow, whatta Cola Sobucky has done here. Just outstanding, and then some. After having spent quite a bit of time with this one, I think it’s safe to say it’s the BEST Cola I have ever tried. It’s not that the other colas are terrible, but when you try most of them, you often times find yourself saying, “Yeah, that’s kinda close, but …”. Well with this one, you won’t. To my tastes, it is like a pairing of Pepsi, and RC Cola, at about a 60% Pepsi, 40% RC Cola. I didn’t really get any Coke from this one. Probably one of the most amazing things, is somehow Sobucky figured out how to get FIZZ in the Cola. Don’t know how they did it, and most, if not all others, seem to fall flat (literally). Well combining the fizz with an accurate Cola, just leaves you wanting nothing. Both myself and @Psycho_316 have been playing around with some …

Cherry Colas

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/4123507/Sobucky%20Cherry%20Cola

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/4125739/SessionDrummers%20Sobucky%20Cherry%20Cola%20My%20Way

… with great success. Sweetness was a little above mid level, and it was very present at 1%, but I’ve seen even higher usage rates. The fizz was slightly stronger off the shake, but was still present after steeping. If you want a fizzy cola, that’s accurate, this is the one. 10/10.

13 Likes

Classic Oat Flakes (SSA) 1% (10-31-21) – “These are not the oats you are looking for”. Yeah, but not every one can be a winner, right ? I’ve had corn flakes, and oatmeal, but never Oat Flakes. This one I would call “Barley a HINT of Oats”. I looked long and hard FOR the Oats, and every once in a while I got just a whiff, but other than that, this was kind of a non-descript hodge podge of sorts, with the added bonus of every so often getting an almost medicinal off note. On the bright side, it was fairly smooth, nicely sweet, and had a hint of creamy-ness to it, but beyond that, I just didn’t get any grains, oats, or flakes. The good news is, that the not so great ones, make you appreciate the great ones that much more.

If you REALLY want Oats

With that said, will have to leave this one at a paltry 2.9.10.

12 Likes

Yeah i was saying to my buddy its almost like rc cola

4 Likes

Cranberry Jam (SSA) 1% (10-31-21) – Having seldom tried anything Cranberry, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this one. Out of the gate it was unmistakably Cranberry, but shifted to the somewhat sweeter jammy side. @ 1% it was full flavored, but somehow still felt fairly restrained. The tart and sourness were present, but fairly reduced from a full Cranberry, possibly because of the Jam aspect. Throughout the test, the dark berried notes continued with a somewhat tart, jammy finish. Overall it was a convincingly natural taste with nothing off-putting. It’s relaxed nature could be supplemented by another Cranberry or berries. Possibly increasing above 1% might help some. About the only take offs would be for the somewhat relaxed nature of it, with no other oddities. Overall, a convincing natural tasting Cranberry, that was jammed up enough that some of the expected tartness/sourness was not present. Decently placed at 8.8/10.

13 Likes

Dark Blackberry (SSA) 0.5% (10-31-21) – WHEW, this one got away from me in a HURRY. When smelling these prior to testing I could tell this one was going to get squirrely, and decided to mix it @ 0.5%, and even at that rate, I was getting an almost lavender soap ?? !!! Rinsed, flushed, diluted to 0.25%, and about the same effect. Sorry guys, I was looking for a dark, tart blackberry, but instead I was greeted with a lovely shade of Lavender Soap. If you DID wish to attempt to use this one, you may have to go even lower than 0.25%, but at my final reduction, it did not feel over flavored, or ceiling smashing. You were forewarned. Sadly, this one will ride the 1/10.

13 Likes

Just added those on to my last second halloween bcf order lol

4 Likes

Def. let me know what you think @Fishaddict420. :smiley:

3 Likes

Fruit Hard Candy (SSA) 1% (11-1-21) – Well this one turned out to be a surprise. I had expected more of just a hard candy flavor, but it also had a brighter, somewhat citrus, nondescript fruit medley going on. Nondescript didn’t mean bad, it just meant that defied an exact description. Sometimes citrusy, other times more fruity, but it leaned towards the brighter side, but always had a nice, smooth fruity base. Hard to nail down, but needless to say, don’t think I have a flavor exactly like this, and I have a lot of flavors. The hard candy portion did keep peeking out, and was smartly paired with the fruits. At 1% it was very good, with sweetness a tick above mid level, as expected for a candy, but not fatiguing. Thankfully, unlike the previous Dark Blackberry, this one was full steam ahead in deliciousness, and had nothing off putting. Sobucky advertised the flavor as …

this

and that was pretty close, with some high end punchy, almost citrus notes tossed in. Nicely done, refreshing, and pretty good on it’s own. Felt solid at 9/10.

11 Likes

@SessionDrummer you have started a massive explosion in cola ssa and ripe cherry ssa sales :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

He (@SessionDrummer) certainly has, even I’ve ordered those two flavours now and I’ve never had the slightest inclination to vape cherry cola before all of this started lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Hehe, sorry @Lucas_James_Holden. Look, we all know our tastes can be VERY different. I might love it, you might hate it, etc., so as always, you’re mileage will vary.

I thought I’d try to break up some of the monotony that can happen during big runs (20+ flavors), and just literally TOSS two flavors together, just to see what was what, and help hype things up a bit.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have 4 local testers that are my guinea pigs, and they all loved the Cherry Cola. One guy order like 5 bottles or something, which was odd, but nice.

I have a coworker who only vapes ONE juice I make, and it’s a Peach. He cannot do complex, custards, bakeries, NONE. He even loved it. I think he vaped it for 4 days straight, and got burned out on it LOL.

5 Likes

I’ve got the cola but am going to order the cherry and similarly to you I’ve never had the slightest inclination for a cherry cola either.
Word of mouth will always be the best advertising.

6 Likes

I agree with you there mate. I think it will be a nice change for me as I do tend to get stuck in my ways by mixing mostly bakeries and custards and even if I don’t like it the SSA flavours are so cheap to buy that it’s worth a punt. I will say that @SessionDrummer has helped switch me on to flavours that I never thought I’d like and now absolutely love, it was he that got me into tropical flavours after introducing me to VTA Sugarloaf Pineapple which is one of my all time favourites now.

7 Likes

Golden Apple (SSA) 1% (11-2-21) – Now other than Apple Pies, I don’t really spend a lot of time Apple-ing, so let’s see how this goes here, hehe. At 1% this really slammed home, a strong, accurate Golden Delicious Apple. Golden Delicious apples are fairly distinct in the apple world, and Sobucky did a GREAT job of capturing it. Eating a Honey Crisp apple while writing this, just to keep it apple-y. At this testing weight I was getting an almost boozy note, and it was subdued enough as to not take away from the main apple-ness of it. Slight fermentation wafted in and out during the test, but very low in the mix. Sweetness was about mid level, and the tartness levels were accurately on point as well. Nothing off-putting, and overall it tasted very natural. Your needs will vary with apple flavors, and this one holds a unique spot in between CAP’s Double Apple, and FA’s Fuji, and that would allow for different apple tempering with it. Fresh, crisp, some tart and sweet, and a great representation of a Golden Delicious. Squarely placed at a 9/10.

11 Likes

Grapefruit (SSA) 0.8% (11-3-21) – This one is another first for me. I think I have ONE Grapefruit, and I’ve used it in ONE recipe (more on that later), and I have NEVER solo’d one. Because of it’s citrusy nature I decided to mix this one down at 0.8%, and after trying it, I think I could have gone up to 1.0-1.2%. At the testing weight, it WAS delicious !!! Very natural tasting, nice citrus punch, BUT, tempered by some nice sweetness, which seemed to push it into more of a Red Ruby Grapefruit. Although tempering some of the tart citrus the sweetness was just below mid level, and helped to smooth out what sometimes can be a sharper flavor. You could almost taste the body, and skin (not the peel), and again, it presented as fairly natural tasting. Having no solo GF’s to compare it directly to, I could test this at just face value, and I think it really worked. I mentioned above, I have only ONE Grapefruit recipe that I have ever tried, and it’s a GREAT one at that, and will try to sub this GF in for it. With a great natural, smooth, tempered GF taste, that leaned heavily to natural, I found it hard to fault, and before I knew it, the tester was gone. That’s NEVER a bad sign. Very nicely placing this at 9.4/10.

10 Likes