Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

The free to use application I got turned onto by somebody on one of the forums and it’s fantastic for figuring out a wattage range to use given a resistance reading and also has a neat little calculator to figure out other really useful bits of data

3 Likes

Have you had a chance to try Lemon Cream Wafer (Chemnovatic)? I have that and the SSA Natural Lemon, and hate that I cant get closer to The Dinner Lady Lemon Tart so far.

4 Likes

To tell you the truth I haven’t been mixing much. I need to get back into it soon though.

3 Likes

A bit late to reply, but I would personally still hold onto your FA WC. It’s more neutral, and for me still has its uses. Be interested to know what you think after trying both. Hope you’re doing well. X

5 Likes

I think DLLT is mostly Lemon Cream Wafer and extra lemon. I would think that any extra lemon would be Mollinberry rather than SSA as they are affiliated with Chemnovatic, I believe. It’s a lot si

3 Likes

I can recommend the SSA Sweet Yoghurt if you still haven’t got it yet. I have used it in a couple of Lassi recipes and it hits the spot. Any ideas on a decent Butter from Chefs? I’m after one to improve my bakeries/desserts.

5 Likes

I’ve managed to get that SSA Sweet Yogurt but haven’t got around to trying it yet but it’s on my next mixing session list. My favourite butter flavour is FA Butter (Burro) and I would recommend picking it up if you are shopping at Chef’s. Have a look at the flavour notes about it here on the website. It is very DAAPY and that’s what I love most about it because it adds that full richness that real butter has but I respect those that try to avoid DAAP in their flavours.

5 Likes

This is their rebottled version which is exactly the same as the FA only it’s just in a different bottle and cheaper to buy.

5 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ll look into it. I have no qualms about using DAAP, but, do you know if DAAP is responsible for the ‘pepper’ taste associated with TPA VBIC and others, or does that come from another compound? I love the aroma of TPA VBIC when I’m mixing with it, but when I vape it I may as well crush some peppercorns and snort it. A shame as I haven’t yet found another VBIC that has the other good qualities of TPA’s.

3 Likes

It’s something else, not DAAP. You may want to check the last episode of Noted since they were talking about Vanilla Ice Creams (and they talked about peppery taste in VBIC TPA and what do they use instead)

Great butter is also Butter Base VTA.

5 Likes

Thanks Mikser, I’ll have a look at that Noted. Cheers for the butter recommendation too. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for stepping in and helping @Bediwhip out with their question whilst I was elsewhere. Yes Noted is a great show and well worth watching before purchasing flavours, it’s saved me quite a few quid by helping me to avoid buying the duds just like our resident @SessionDrummer here does too with his excellent reviews. I’d be lost without them when it comes down to buying my concentrates.

8 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words, and high praise @Lucas_James_Holden.

6 Likes

Exactly! Can’t thank enough to our maestro SessionDrummer! Saved me tons of money (but then again, because of his excellent mouthwatering descriptions i have that irresistible need to order more and more… :crazy_face:). Thank you for what you’re doing for this community Sir (and i don’t mean only the reviews).

7 Likes

I am with you …
I don’t know if I’ve saved money or spent more, but the Session Drummer flavor notes are sure to be a treasure.
Thanks, teacher!

9 Likes

Dman has definitely made me think before buying flavours. A genuine blessing to have him on this forum.

7 Likes

Thank you very much @Mikser.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you as well @Ianc13.

7 Likes

Hi there, I’m looking for more advice from a British perspective. I use Chefs for nearly all of my concentrates but there are some that they don’t stock. Can you recommend other UK websites that carry a decent range of products that might fill the gaps? Cheers.

5 Likes

I could recommend Nomnomz (good selection), Rainbowvapes (good selection and cheap hardware), theecigshop (amazing prices atm; i’d make a large order, but they don’t ship internationally). Others are vapourdepot (might try a few madicine flower cheaply, but otherwise they are expensive), vapable (ok choice, but not the cheapest), esaucedotcodotuk (great prices, but very basic flavors/brands only).

6 Likes