Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I agree. That rasp is strong!

4 Likes

Iā€™m solo testing the raspberry right now, your notes are spot on for my taste, i also picked up a few other ssa flavors not on your list:)

7 Likes

Thanks @Fishaddict420. Which other ones did you pick up ?

4 Likes

I grabbed chocolate, Madagascar vanilla, classic vanilla, and Borneo vanillaā€¦ so far i have mixed up the raz and the Madagascar vanilla, both at 1%, and itā€™s entirely too much for the vanilla lol it tasted fine solo, so i dripped a little of the vanilla into the raz tester rda and it completely blacked out the raz from one time dripping, i have refilled the rda 3 times now with the raz and i can STILL taste mostly vanilla lol.

I didnā€™t hit the testers with the gc so it needs a few more days to form an opinion, but itā€™s a very tasty vanilla and plenty strong lol gonna start testing it in recipes at 0.25%

7 Likes

Thx for that. I never stop my quest for vanillas. How would you distinguish it from FA?

6 Likes

Idk, i havenā€™t had any fa vanillaā€™s in probably 2 years lol, itā€™s similar to shisha vanilla but a little darker, less like icing, almost like a rich vanilla cream but without the cream notes, definitely a thick mouthfeel though.

9 Likes

Thx, thatā€™s helpful because Iā€™m very familiar with Shisha Vanilla.

6 Likes

In case anyone missed it - review of 94 SSA flavors on Noted this week

10 Likes

Thank you for letting us know mate itā€™s very much appreciated. Noted is my favourite D.I.Y mixing program on YouTube and it has served me well by saving me a shed load of time and money plus I have learned some very good good tips. What I also like about it is that unlike some other shows on YouTube Noted tend to stick to the task in hand and actually educate mixers instead of just wasting half of the show shouting out to the people in chat and the rest of it talking about goodness knows what that has no relevance to mixing.

6 Likes

Same here. I watch most shows regularly, but no doubt iā€™d miss the Noted most. Their descriptions of flavors are precise and extremely useful guide to help you buy precisely that specific note youā€™re looking for. I like their rating system too (not that i always agree with, but itā€™s pretty valuable source of information). And same is here on ELR; itā€™s not a secret iā€™d be most missing the legendary @SessionDrummerā€™s flavor test threads.

7 Likes

Thank you very much @mikser. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize(4)

4 Likes

Oh I totally agree with you about our learned friend @SessionDrummer, he is the best when it comes to written flavour reviews and we are very lucky to have him.

8 Likes

Thank you very much @Lucas_James_Holden, youā€™re very kind.

5 Likes

No need to thank me mate as itā€™s you that I should be thanking and itā€™s only what you deserve. You have helped me dodge the bullet many times when it comes to buying flavours and I always check with you first before I make an order for something new just in case itā€™s a bad one. It was one of your reviews that got me into fruit flavours when I fell in love with VTA Sugarloaf Pineapple and now I have many others of that ilk. Thank you mate.

6 Likes

Well goddamn mate, I really appreciate that. I will admit to a certain level of FEAR at times, hehe, because, say for example, our tastes are completely different ? Itā€™s a heavy burden to do lotā€™s of reviews, as you never know whoā€™s reading them, if you are shutting them out of possible flavors they might like, or vice versa. BUT, if our palates are aligned, then it an can be a powerful thing.

If you like the Sugarloaf, then thatā€™s a GREAT sign. Thanks a lot mate.

6 Likes

Mocca Coffee (SSA)

Just got around to testing this one @SessionDrummer, 0.6% SFT, WOW ! Finally found a Mocha (or Mocca in this case) that I actually like :+1:

Agreed 100%, this is a Wonderful single flavor. But I already have a plan for this, mixing now (will be a 3 week steep)
Mocca in the Hood :sunglasses:

6 Likes

#MoccaInTheHood

3 Likes

#Mocca In The Hood :tada:

7 Likes

Iā€™m pleased to report that Chefs has added to their SSA range of flavours including the Ripe Coconut which I didnā€™t hesitate to order, even though itā€™s no Delosi at least itā€™s a good one from what I have read here. I also picked up their Dulce De Leche, Shortbread Cookie, whipped Cream and a few others but the Sweet Yogurt was sold out so I will get that when itā€™s back in stock. Chefs were having a sale on SSA so that probably explains why they were sold out on quite a few others that I want to get.

8 Likes