Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I recently bought but have not mixed a couple that you have listed there.
So I too will be interested to read your thoughts.

4 Likes

Great, just what I need, MORE pressure !!!

Kidding @Gazza7. I hadnā€™t planned on picking them up, BUT, I saw some newer flavors mentioned/posted that I hadnā€™t tried previously, and the curiosity got the better of me. :slight_smile: 26 times to be exact I think hehe.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer, I just want to say that I honestly have no idea how you are able to complete all of these testing/tasting sessions (excuse the pun).
Iā€™m currently just started on VT Brandy and thought to myself ā€œthis is hard workā€, and then my thoughts turned to you and your copious amount of testing. Personally I find it extremely hard to put my thoughts into words but you seem to be able to do it with ease, to a very high standard and at an incredible rate.

I hear an expression on American movies that Iā€™ve watched which I donā€™t hear in Australia which is ā€œto blow smoke up someones arseā€. From my deductions I think we have a similar one being ā€œto brown nose someoneā€. I live on basically the opposite side of the world and will never meet you so I have absolutely no reason to flatter you but please take my words as a compliment because thatā€™s what they are.

I have saved your tasting notes to my iPad as I now reference them first when considering buying a new concentrate and due to the sheer volume of them can only imagine the amount of time,effort and money you have spent doing your work.

I know Iā€™ve touched on this before but Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who appreciates what you do. Of course my opinions on some are different but thatā€™s the nature of the beast. I also trust your thoughts as being completely honest which is extremely important to me and sometimes hard to deduce.

Iā€™ll stop blowing smoke up your arse now (!) and finish off by saying thanks for all you do for the vaping community worldwide.

8 Likes

Well I very much appreciate that @Gazza7. There are things you can do, to make it easier. Always, write down your INITIAL thoughts when you FIRST test it. Then write down anything that comes to mind. Doesnā€™t matter how bad it sounds, or how little sense it may make, just get it written down. You can ALWAYS edit it later. Notice anything offputting, or familiar, write it down, etc.

Then when youā€™ve had about ENOUGH of that flavor (LOL), then you can start editing, and/or re-writing. Clean up your thoughts, the flow, and whatever points you feel must be made, etc.

Iā€™ve talked to many people who didnā€™t want to SFT because of the difficulty, and it was just easier to test, and move onto the next. Itā€™s easy to forget a lot when you donā€™t take notes.

Just remember, all you have to do, is GET the notes, initial thoughts, take offs, similarities, likes, hates, etc. Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s a jumbled mess, you can tweak it later. Sometimes, I can actually review it, first sitting, while vaping, but sometimes I have to STOP the note taking, and really dig deep to figure out a flavor. Whatever works best for you.

That really means a lot @Gazza7, it really does, and thank you.

In that regard, I can only HOPE that our palates and/or tastes are similar, so I donā€™t lead you astray, referencing ā€¦

And that, probably is the BEST compliment you could ever give someone, even someone across the world, that youā€™ll never meet. Thank you.

8 Likes

@Gazza7 you should take the pressure off yourself, at least in the beginning, and write your notes, as if they were for ONLY you. Maybe youā€™ll never publish them, and thatā€™s fine. Just whatever you think, write it down. Just try it for a few, and see if thatā€™s easier. Again, doesnā€™t matter if they make sense, just get them down, AS you think them. Do not worry about making them public, just put down your words, in a way that makes sense to you. See how, or if, that helps at all. Pressuring yourself into taking perfect notes, or in a perfect way to be published, makes things hard, and some times, too hard.

So try a few, JUST like that, and see how it feels.

9 Likes

I will admit to burning through a LOT of cotton, VG/PG/NIC, and it does get expensive, especially the more you do for sure. Sometimes, after commitment is made to review a large number, or complex flavors/one shots, after I get though a few, it can still seem like a STAGGERING amount of work remains, and second thoughts on getting them all done LOL, but pressing on, CAN be hard, but not deviating seems to be the key.

8 Likes

Luckily I started taking notes very early on but only very basic 2-3 liners in a purpose made ā€˜Vape bookā€™.
I continue these basic notes to this day but have added slightly more detailed ones on concentrates in my flavour stash notes once I started using it.

As you can see extremely basic!
This is the second to last page. Iā€™ve written every juice,concentrate or doubler that Iā€™ve bought in there once the habit stuck.
My more recent purchases from Chefs has increased my testing future.
I do find it a good reference when trying to create a recipe as my old brain cells ainā€™t what they used to be.

I actually never thought Iā€™d post any of my thoughts on a forum as a reference like ā€œtastes like shitā€ probably wouldnā€™t help many people but as time progressed I thought even my ramblings might help someone. It struck me that I was always looking for others opinions on a product so I should post something as it could assist someone just like me.

11 Likes

WELL, color my impressed @Gazza7. Basic or not, thatā€™s EXACTLY what everyone should do. Outstanding mate !!

Well, you never know, and THATā€™S the thing. Iā€™ve seen ALL order of review formats, and sometimes I read them, and they confuse me, or just appear jumbled (to me). Now, what am I NOT doing ? I typically spend a LOT of time, trying to nail down a percentage up front, and unless something is clearly overflavored, I donā€™t deviate once I start, but occasionally I get the initial strength wrong, and have to re-mix/ re-test. I also do not test over a span of time, but just give the entire series or run, a set steep time, and get started.

I could do both of the above, BUT, I would do far fewer flavors, so I made the decision to keep on with my current format.

Thatā€™s the thing, you never know. This is an all volunteer army, so when you start testing/sharing/reviewing, it really DOES burden you (the tester) with a fairly big commitment of time, equipment, etc., so you know the costs involved. Love the notebook.

6 Likes

While we wait for these to steep, I took one whiff of the Ripe Cherry, and the Cola, and couldnā€™t NOT mix them up, RIGHT away, and they worked VERY well togetherā€¦

@EyeMsam commented, and looks like the Purple Plum might be yet ANOTHER winner hereā€¦

8 Likes

So this was a shake and vape? Did you do anything else to it? My stuff will be here tomorrow. My deep fried twinkie will run out by then so i need to vape this :joy::joy::joy: my pebbles and trix are 17 days in and not ready so i need something.

4 Likes

@Psycho_316 slightly harsh, but tasty off the shake.

3 Likes

Shake and vape is a term which many of us class as unreliable @TorturedZen and me would say that it doesnā€™t exist: All blends need some steeping to shine.

4 Likes

I shaked and vaped it @Psycho_316, itā€™ll work for yaā€¦

2 Likes

One point of difference but there are many schools of thought in vaping brother.

N.B. I disagree but fully accept another approach to blending.

2 Likes

LOL @SquirrelSmash you apparently havenā€™t been here long enough to know me well. I am the king of steep.

Custards 4 weeks+
Bakeries 3 weeks+
General testing 2 weeks
Fruits S&V or 1 week

Despite the aforementioned incorrectā€™ness, some mixes can be S&V. Fruits are very forgiving, and with the RARE exception of upsteeping like Medicine Flower, what you shake, is what you get.

@Psycho_316 donā€™t listen to the blah blah blah, itā€™s my recipe, and lol, itā€™ll shake and vape just fine. The effervescence off the shake, is actually shockingly good, realistic, and will catch you off guard.

4 Likes

Please reread what I said.

3 Likes

No need got the fallacies during the read.

3 Likes

I think he is still excited about his recipe :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hell yes, worked out of the gate.

3 Likes

My order shipped a hour ago tomorrow is my big day :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes