Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I can see why @Rocky02852 used it here now …

6 Likes

I was actually looking forward to your review of the Clotted Cream @SessionDrummer, it’s the first one I started playing around with. Love my creams :yum:

6 Likes

Thank you for your excellent reviews, always appreciated mate.:+1:t3:

8 Likes

I’ll second that ^^^^^

7 Likes

Thanks very much @Lucas_James_Holden, and @Gazza7.

7 Likes

I just ordered Cheesecake on graham, clotted cream and honeycomb crumble. I saw the Lemon Cream wafer but I love Chemnovatic Lemon cream wafer, so I’ll wait on a review for SSA’s. I’ve only ever had clotted cream on scones in Ireland, so I’m excited to try that one!

5 Likes

Me too! My picture you see was taken in Dublin.

6 Likes

I am actually a tad Jealous of all you that dont have a sensitivity to Butyric…I know after a steep they will mellow , but smell and initial taste off the shake makes all these creamy types disappointing for me

5 Likes

100% Agree!!!

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes, I’m actually NOT a huge fan of anything BA, and at least in the Clotted Cream, I didn’t get any of it.

4 Likes

OK @Lynda_Marie, and @natbone, it’s up to YOU now. Get that Clotted Cream and report back !!!

5 Likes

Ill have to check on the clotted cream again . The Cheesecake did for sure , i think im extra sensitive to it .

4 Likes

Honeycomb, Crumble Type (SSA) 1% 2-14-22 – I’ll admit it, when I first got these new flavors, this is the one I wanted to hop into, BUT, I had to follow my process. What IS Honeycomb ?? Most times it’s simply Sugar, Golden Syrup, and Baking Soda, some recipes calling for Butter. I had assumed it would be a mix of a honeycomb and a crumble topping, but it wasn’t. At 1% it was a semi-relaxed flavor, and, it, was, GOOD !!! Now in breaking from the traditional food recipe, I did get some great honey notes, some buttery notes, and some light bakery. I could also swear I did get some Golden Syrup. All in, that makes a GREAT Honeycomb. I’m not sure what the “crumble type” was, but this was quite convincing, and the darker, almost caramelized sugar punch at the end, really DROVE home the realism, and accuracy. Actually the more I got into the tester, the more I became convinced the Golden Syrup note was in there, and that’s fine by me. 1 to 2 ticks above mid level sweet, I found it quite addictive, and the more I tested, the more I WANTED to test. Addictive is right @Rocky02852. Watch out, i’ll get you !!! Handily another great one from Sobucky, that was accurate, and tasty. 9.8/10.

12 Likes

Wait JUST a minute @Rocky02852. Gently STEERING me into the Honeycomb, and NEXT thing you know, I’m onto the MILK and HONEY !!!

#DeviousPlan

4 Likes

Mine was taken in Londen Derry, known as Free Derry in Dublin :smiley:

5 Likes

Gotta love the Honey…

4 Likes

Ummm, Milk and Honey is really nice. I think I saw a recipe by @Rocky02852 using the new SSA Honeycomb and Milk & Honey :thinking:

5 Likes

Can never have too much M&H…
I did release One recipe without Milk N Honey for Valentines Day, only because I promised my lover there’d be no M&H today,
The sacrifices I make……

7 Likes

Lemon, Sour Type (SSA) 1% 2-17-21 – Sorry about the delay guys, got wrapped up in the Mega Dump over at the Redd. Moving on WITH the Lemon Sour. For reference, my (as you know), favorite is MF Lemon, for it’s extremely realistic presentation. This one from Sobucky presented less as a natural, and more of a candied Lemon. There WERE more than a few natural notes swirling around in there, but the lion’s share went to artificial/candied. Now, at about just above mid-level sweet, and with a smart amount of tart, it was QUITE a good Lemon. It reminded me of FE Lemon with some natural notes thrown in if that helps. :slight_smile: Fading, fading, How about fading ?? I can’t answer that, hehe, but once we start mixing we’ll get to the bottom of that. What was interesting about this one, was it DID straddle both the real and candied, so that should open UP it’s uses, and your Lemon needs will dictate what you need, and if this one fits the bill or not. Somewhat complex for a Lemon for the aforementioned natural/candied notes, and at 1% it was very full, and actually good, with no harsh, or off-notes to be found. As a natural Lemon I would rate it lower, but as a (candied) Sour Lemon, 8.4/10 seems fair.

11 Likes

Awesome work, as always, SD the Super Tester!
Going to toss a few of the higher rated offerings in the cart next time i reorder. Thank you for your diligent efforts to save everyone else from endless buyer’s remorse!

6 Likes