Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

I appreciate that @Plunderdrum, thank you.

6 Likes

I been using cotton bacon and these little guys

My coil set up is either my armageddon cant remember rn what exact the ohms are but mostly my profile2 mesh .18 or .13 mesh coils i find i get the best flav from

3 Likes

Lemon Wafer, Cream Type (SSA) 1% (2-19-22) ā€“ Had to get through two testers, to better decide on this flavor. Wafer, creamy, lemon, check. All present, and tasted pretty damned good together, AND at the low weight of 1%. Sweetness was at about mid-level, and it was plenty strong, with no off notes at this weight. An obvious comparison would be to ā€¦

Chemnovatic's Lemon Cream Wafer

Lemon Cream Wafer (Chemnovatic) 7% (7-2-20) ā€“ Iā€™m quite sure with all the hub-bub about rumors that Dinner Lady Lemon Tart used this flavor, and the ensuing Out Of Stock situation at many vendors will leave EVERYONE wanting to know the answer. Good news for you, is I have NO CLUE !!! Iā€™ve never vaped DL LT, so I canā€™t help you. What I can help with is this flavor, and how it vapes. Having just tested Chemnoā€™s Lemon, itā€™s fairly probable that those compounds ARE in here as well. As a solo vape, this one is very, VERY good. Now, Iā€™m not sure if it truly projects a Lemon Cream Wafer (cookie), but WOW, it IS very good. @ 7%, this could EASILY be considered a One Shot. Itā€™s got plenty of lemon punch that carries through the entire vape, but at the half way point, the cookie starts to peek out, and ride all the way to the end of the vape, finishing perfectly with the lemon. My very FIRST reaction was, ā€œWow, super great lemon, with a cookie, and some custard notesā€. Now when I say custard elements, youā€™re NOT getting the VC slam like from CAP VC, but it feels like itā€™s IN there, just hiding, peeking out from time to time. Very interesting. The cookie/bakery stays relatively linear throughout the vape as does the lemon. Sweetness might be a pinch above medium, and doesnā€™t come across as fatiguing. There was also a certain ā€œthicknessā€ that seemed to be in there, that could RESEMBLE maybe some Meringue or Marshmallow, but not high enough to identify, but the ā€œthicknessā€ could not be denied. Overall, this was a great, full, somewhat complex flavor, and I will run this tank dry. I think itā€™s soo good, that it will go on my must have list for this testing run. To my tastes, the lemon/custard elements set this apart from all of your regular suspects, i.e. CAP Lemon Meringue Pie, VT Lemon Meringue Tart, and WF Flapper Pie. For a really good (basically a One Shot) Lemon Cookie Tart (my words), you cannot go wrong with this. Vape it as is, tweak it a little bit, itā€™s just a win/win all the way around. Is this the SECRET ingredient in Dinner Ladyā€™s Lemon Tart ?? Time will tell. For the purposes of this test, handily a 10/10 .

ā€¦ which really took everyone by storm. Now, there were similarities, but also differences. This one had a very nice creamy aspect that kind of road underneath the Lemon, with some wafer/bakery. I actually got a little more of the wafer when smelling it, than when testing it. Still there was enough present to make it believable. The creamy elements werenā€™t exactly custard, but more (not exactly) pudding-like, and worked in this flavor. Despite first thinking Sobucky just tossed in the previously tested Lemon Sour, it almost had more of a natural overall aspect to it, but with some slight candied notes. Overall, this might fall behind Chemnoā€™s as far as a pure solo One-Shot, but not by much. Just sweet, and tart enough to punch through the creamy notes, but not too much. I could see this one also being used quite a bit, and for numerous bases, for anything Lemon Tart, or LMP-ish. Hard to fault this one, and with only minor take-offs for a slightly receded wafer, but very minor. Not bad, not bad at all. It felt nicely placed @ 9.10.

13 Likes

Peach, Sweet Type (SSA) 1% (2-30-22) ā€“ Wow, how did Sobucky pack soo much Peach flavor, in just 1% ?? They did. At times this just simply reminded me of juicy peach slices in a can of syrup, so ā€œsweetā€ might not be a bad descriptor. The funny thing was, it wasnā€™t SWEET, sweet, and felt about mid-level sweet. I was doing a direct comparison to one of my MTL ADV, which is heavy on TPAā€™s Juicy Peach, which was an interesting A/B comparison. This one, although not billed AS a Juicy Peach, had plenty of juicy-ness, but it also had the entire BODY of the yellow peach, which is what TPAā€™s was missing. Iā€™m sure you could go somewhat higher, but if you try this at 1%, you may not want to. Maybe canned peaches in syrup is misleading you to think it was overly sweet, it wasnā€™t. Maybe with the syrup drained out, would be better. Very natural, not candied, or jammed, but surely you could push it those ways if needed. Jams, peaches-n-cream, cobbler, I can see this one getting a LOT of use on your rack. Iā€™m not a huge fruit fruiter, but I could find about ZERO faults with this one. Yellow, juicy, sweet, natural, and what else could you need ? Easily a 10/10.

18 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ve been waiting for this. I have a 120 ml bottle of chemnovatic LCW so maybe Iā€™ll just grab a 10 to try it. The thing with chemnovatic is, in my opinion, 1% is very very light. I have a recipe I use at 4.5%. I really appreciate your reviews!

5 Likes

Thank you @Lynda_Marie. My experience has been Sobucky is basically Ultra concentrated, and Chemno is not, and used much higher. Doesnā€™t mean better or worse, just different concentration strengths !!!

5 Likes

Raspberry, Blue Type (SSA) 1% (2-22-22) ā€“ Does anybody REALLY know exactly WHAT a Blue Raspberry is ?? Hehe, probably not, BUT, thereā€™s QUITE a history around it, and it actually involves Red No. 2, and Blue No. 1. But, it gets deeper, and itā€™s allegedly based on the Rubus leucodermis. Yes, thatā€™s the facts Jack. OK, with all of that ā€œstuffā€ outta the way, Iā€™ve never really had a Blue Raspberry, thatā€™s actually tasted LIKE a Raspberry, but more often a berry medley, with an almost cotton candy finish. This one was no different. Now Iā€™m no closer to fully identifying exactly WHICH berries were in the medley than before, but suffice it to say, this one was good. Somewhat sweet, and tart, and a tastful, dark(er) berry medley. It did indeed have that almost ā€œkissed by cotton candyā€ note in there, and the finish really drove it home for me. It was actually quite good, full and present at 1%, and again that speaks to the stronger nature of most of these Sobucky flavors. Even if you TOO cannot fully define a Blue Raspberry, letā€™s just say this one HAS it, IS it, and youā€™ll ENJOY it. Nothing off-putting, and convincingly ā€œblueā€ (but no, itā€™s not really blue, itā€™s clear). Come get your BLUE on, and let Sobucky take you there. Easily placed @ 9.1/10.

10 Likes

Wow! This is certainly different from any CC with graham Iā€™ve tried. Just opening the bottle I could smell the crust. Itā€™s something more than just graham though? Iā€™m not quite sure what. Some type of bakery, I canā€™t put my finger on it. The filling isnā€™t too cheesy at all! I donā€™t get any vomit from it. Itā€™s got some darker elements to it, like you mentioned, like caramel or brown sugar? I almost feel like thereā€™s more crust than filling, but not by much. The flavor is nice off the shake. I actually threw together a recipe off the top of my head using this, clotted cream, honeycomb crumble, a little shortbread and an accent of Borneo vanilla ,and some caramel butter (WF) I added the clotted cream in because I feel like thereā€™s more crust on this one, not equal amounts. Cheesecake Olympus has more filling than crust, This one, to me is is opposite.

Honeycomb Crumble is great off the shake as well! It reminds me of a Heath candy bar minus the chocolate coating. Caramel toffee-ish maybe some maple syrup?

I mixed CC on Graham at 3% (I know, I took a chance) but I think that was a good starting point for a main flavor!

I mixed Honeycomb crumble at 2% and I donā€™t think Iā€™d personally go higher than that.

I probably wonā€™t sft clotted cream because I donā€™t like testing plain creams. In the beginning I started off SFTā€™ing my creams and I just canā€™t, it was too much lol boring.

I was googling uses for clotted cream and found one that was called, simply enough, Clotted cream shortbread. Literally adding clotted cream in a shortbread mix. I mixed up a simple recipe of SSA shortbread, clotted cream and (chemnovatic) lemon cream wafer. :smiley:

Every concentrate that youā€™ve reviewed and Iā€™ve tried have been great, I think we have similar tastes. I literally come to this forum before I buy a concentrate to see if youā€™ve reviewed it. I sincerely appreciate how much work and effort you put into these reviews. Itā€™s helped me a LOT!

14 Likes

Iā€™m very glad to hear that @Lynda_Marie, thank you very much. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a flavor issue with N80 (btw, Ni is the symbol for nickel).

I do notice heat capacity affecting flavor, though. Too much heat/power on certain flavors seems to ā€œover cookā€ it. I find the opposite true, as well. Not enough heat and itā€™s just a bland dish. Have you tried experimenting with your power levels? Of course, thereā€™s variables that factor into it like PG/VG blends, etc.

Youā€™re not alone. I can say the same for myself with certain flavors and their corresponding pcts. Loss of taste and smell are also an age factor, especially after 60, along with allergies, sinusitis, polypsā€¦

7 Likes

And I want to say thank you for the extra input you added. From your descriptions, I thinks me have to buy this now.

5 Likes

I wanted to share a recipe I made a few nights ago, Iā€™m pretty pleased with it. Using clotted cream.

14 Likes

Looks Good ā€¦

5 Likes

WOW @Lynda_Marie Iā€™m ALMOST (sorry) through this flavor run, and havenā€™t mixed with any yet, but once I saw that, I thought, ā€œYeah, thatā€™s exactly what I would doā€ !!!
Now letā€™s be honest, ANYONE can SAY that, hehe. Itā€™s YOUR creation, but I like, like, LIKE the looks of it. Iā€™ve got the Rhubarb in the tester now, but once I get through these last few, Iā€™m going to MIX that one up.

7 Likes

Rhubarb (SSA) 1% 2-25-22 ā€“ After even BRIEFLY testing this one, I felt compelled to start this review off with no fluff and stuff, no hyperbole, and get RIGHT to it. This IS, the most accurate Rhubarb, I have ever tried. Is it perfect ?? No, BUT itā€™s pretty damned close. As a flavor tester, many times you have to test flavors, that no one in their right MIND would test. Some are out of this world delicious, others are outright terrible, but sometimes, JUST sometimes, you get to some REALLY accurate ones. This IS one of them. Iā€™ve had more than a few, and some just smell/taste like cat p!$$. Great news is, this one DOESNā€™T lol. HYPER accurate would be pretty close here. What many Rhuā€™s do, is they seem to center around most of the bright, high end notes, and the body suffers. This one seemed to FULLY encompass the entire main body notes that most, if not all others, miss. Wow, because after being rather let down by some, this one really showed HOW it was done. A tick above mid level sweet, and just really tasted like you were eating a sweetened, fresh rhubarb pie with no crust. Sobucky didnā€™t stop there, as they also threw in some of the sparkling, almost Kiwi like high end, bright notes to not only drive home the realism, but round it out. If I had a nailed down super ā€œpie crustā€ stone, (I donā€™t yet), Iā€™d toss this one into is ASAP. Wow, Sobucky did the Rhu right here folks, and if you are in need for maybe one of the best, most accurate Rhubarbs, you should pick this one up. Nothing off-putting, and very good at 1%, with MAYBE a little headroom left, with possiblly 0.25-.0.50 (estimating) increase possible. Clean, accurate, fresh, and punchy, with PLENTY of body, I couldnā€™t find fault with this one. 10/10.

14 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m pretty pleased with it! Its a nice simple tasty liquid. The recipe is an actual thing, Literally clotted cream added to a shortbread recipe and I thought a light lemon would work great. I hope you enjoy! Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts. Again, thank you for your reviews, theyā€™ve helped immensely. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you! Plain, simple, but enjoyable!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s very good to know, AND I was looking forward to your review on this one because when I smelled that one I put it to the back of the packā€¦
Thankā€™s @SessionDrummer for plowing through these, appreciated :+1:

6 Likes

Let me know what YOU think @Rocky02852, and thank you.

6 Likes

I love a good SSA shortbread recipe (and I love lemon) canā€™t want to mix this up, hopefully tonight

4 Likes