Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Nope, nadda, zip, zero.

3 Likes

Great, finally an ice cream I can maybe get along with. Thanks!

4 Likes

Irish Cream (SSA) 1.5% (9-20-20) ā€“ Having never vaped an Irish Cream, but had it in quite a few drinks before, I knew what I was in for. At 1.5% it felt fairly strong but not overpowering. I did not get any Whiskey from it, but I did get a fair amount of coffee, cream, some chocolate, and quite probably a vanilla cream in there. As a whole it was very good, and the coffee note remained throughout the vape. Almost a toffee coffee with some cream. Sweetness was lower than mid level, and despite having a cream element, it didnā€™t feel overly creamy. No bitter, or off-putting notes, and despite finishing the tank, I kept returning to my coffee with toffee and cream. It is very possible that ICā€™s may not fully be in my wheelhouse, but this was a good vape. Because the coffee element was present throughout the vape, it struck me as more of a coffee drink. All in, with the forward coffee element, feels good @ 7.0/10.

10 Likes

Oops reread post

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes it leaned that way, but it felt like it was more than that.

The cherry was very broad spectrum, and didnā€™t reside in just one specific cherry, but I think the overwhelming profile leaned towards maraschino, but itā€™s more than just that.

3 Likes

Oh sh#t! You know how long Iā€™ve been wanting a shortbread cookie, a real shortbread cookie. Really? This does taste real? You can see Iā€™m losing my composure. I havenā€™t finished testing my other flavors you made me buy. :laughing: And Iā€™m running out of room.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer Youā€™re going to have to put up your Shortbread Cookie notes on the other side. Thereā€™s only two mixers with notes and theyā€™re atrocious. Not the notes, their opinions, lol. Could be the usage, Idk.

2 Likes

Roger that @muth.

2 Likes

Houses of the Holy!! You actually found a useable Cherry? You are a superhero, man - I didnā€™t think it was possible.

Dammit, I knew I shoulda waited for more of your Sobucky / Super Aroma reviews before hitting Bull City. My 1st SSA flavors have just arrived at our apartment.

I picked up Raspberry Syrup, Chocolate D., and Sour Lime. Iā€™ll let you know about the Sour Lime. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for doing all this workā€¦ Itā€™s immensely helpful for thousands of anonymous D.I.Y. vapersā€¦

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought @SmokeEatsMan. Youā€™re welcome.

2 Likes

@Session Drummer, just a quick out of topic question . Can you use vertical coils on a standard 2 post RDTA? If yes, how? Can you post a picture, please? Pictures speak louder than words. Thanks, mate.

3 Likes

@Skyhawk26, when you say two post, if you mean the SteamCrave Velocity deck. YES !!!

I only run vertical coils.

9 Likes

Mascarpone Cream (SSA) 1.5% (9-23-20) ā€“ Getting near the end of this trial run batch, and the Mascarpone Cream is on deck. Creams can be hard to SFT, as by themselves, they can be hard to taste sometimes, quantify other times, and their EFFECT cannot always be fully realized in SFTā€™s, but test we shall. First things first NO BA in this flavor. It presented as a very even keeled cream, with some sweet undertones. Undertones, because it tasted lower than mid level sweet, but it peaked at the end of the vape, interesting. The flavor itself was hard to quantify, and didnā€™t taste like a vanilla, but it was in that ballpark. Nice mouthfeel, and did impress as a cream. Maybe the best way to describe it was a fairly thick-ish, filling cream type flavor. Due to the nature OF SFTā€™s I cannot gauge itā€™s impact on other flavors, but I can see using this to fatten up mixes, round them out, and take off some sharp edges, without burying the mix. Itā€™s light enough where I think that will work easily, without being a BA rich, heavy handed cream assault. While testing creams, milks, dairies isnā€™t the MOST exciting thing to do, most of us use creams in a lot of our mixes. For itā€™s non-heavy handed approach, and neutral flavor, I give it high marks because it will increase itā€™s usefulness on your rack. Not a milk, not a dairy, but a very good, semi-sweet filling cream. 9.25/10.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s nice photo SD. Iā€™ve been meaning to sayā€¦itā€™s not enough that you test all these flavors but to test on dual coils where you are constantly changing out the wicks (on verticals, no less) just dumbfounds me. You certainly canā€™t be called lazy. A lotta hard, time consuming work. Thank you.

4 Likes

Mascarpone is a sweet creamy cheese so Iā€™m wondering if you picked up on some cheese like Hangsen Italian Cream? Not in an offensive way.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer @fidalgo_vapes the only cherry I ever liked were Cherry Bombs from the Good Humor Man and Cherry Garcia. Is this cherry similar and do you think it would pair well with a tobacco or RY4?

3 Likes

I agree. Was a tad disappointed not read it had a lovely velvety soft cheesy note.

3 Likes

Okay, very disappointed.

4 Likes

You tried it? Iā€™m a little curious about the cherry because I never ever bought a cherry flavor because of my aversion towards cherry cough drops and syrup. Blech!

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer I ended up ordering 30 mls of the Raspberry syrup, along with 10 mls of the Apple Strudel, Blueberry, Ripe Strawberry, Bubblegum, and Sweet Watermelon.

4 Likes