Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Single Flavor Tests By SessionDrummer

Strap-On = STRawberry-APple-WatermelON :laughing:
it might fit perfectly in there (some ideas are here).

4 Likes

So i let chefs ddl sit for 2 weeks and yeah it has has that milky caramel note and a very slight cinn on the back. But there is something else i pick up. If you ever had jello pistachio pudding you know it. Problem was now that i tasted it and started to think of it more and more, every inhale was like a spoonful of pistachio pudding with a sweet cinn on the backend. Honestly i think this would really smoothing out flv cinnamon crunch for me. So im gonna add it to a few conn based recipes to see how it flows. Wont need any sweeteners to add as this is sweet in its own right. But i like it a lot.

7 Likes

I made a simple SSA recipe recently and I can’t stop vaping it :grin:. It’s nothing really special, but definitely a change of pace from my usual flavors (Mostly fruity). It’s only a first version but I plan on making many more.

1% - Carmel Biscuit
1% - Butter
1% - Whipped Cream

I also used .08% CAP Super Sweet, but that Caramel Biscuit is pretty nice. I plan on upping the CB percentage, trying/adding FW Salted Caramel, and maybe a coconut of some type.

10 Likes

@INOIROC that Caramel Biscuit is delicious.

5 Likes

I just ordered more of it! It’s been a hit at my house :grin:. I’ve been trying different things to see how I can make it better or compliment it etc. I ordered a bunch of different flavors with that in mind from BFC as well. I checked today and my Inawera Coconut Cookies bottle is empty. I checked at Bullcity and they’re OOS :worried:. I dunno… it was just a thought. I remember really liking that one but haven’t used it in a long time.

I taste something dark in SSA Caramel Biscuit. It’s reminiscent of a coffee type flavor but it’s enjoyable.

4 Likes

Oh em gee I love caramel biscuit!!

5 Likes

I’ve just ordered SSA Caramel Biscuit due to this recent outpouring of love.
Hopefully I agree.

5 Likes

@Gazza7 I have no idea what your preferred profiles are, but if you DON’T like it, I would be surprised. Report back on what you think of it.

5 Likes

Will do.
I enjoy caramels and toffees etc but I seem to struggle with more often than not getting a unpleasant burnt note to some.

From the sound of this one I should enjoy it…. Famous last words.

5 Likes

I have that flavor and have smelled it but been intimidated to use it because it does smell good but very strong. what % is good start?

4 Likes

@ladycrooks …

SSA Caramel Biscuit

Caramel Biscuit (SSA) 1% (10-30-21) – Damn you Sobucky, … Damn you to hell !!! OK, hehe, let’s go with my FIRST thoughts on this one. “Damn, this is a One-Shot”. Having not tested Sobucky’s Biscuit yet (it’s coming), and only tried their Shortbreat (excellent), I had high hopes for this one. Well, they didn’t let me down. Absolutely delicious. Completely blown away by how much presence, flavor, and mouthfeel they got out of this one, AND, at 1%. The biscuit and caramel were just perfectly paired, with maybe it being split 55% Caramel, 45% Biscuit. The way they paired them, left both of the two elements free to swirl around and peek out more or less than the other one, as neither dominated, nor got lost. As far AS the Biscuit, I couldn’t really think of a direct comparison to it, which was interesting. The Caramel was almost too good, with an almost buttery rich texture, without being overtly buttery. Sweetness was a few ticks above mid level for you “is that too sweet-ers” out there, but even at that, it wasn’t sickening, or fatiguing. At times I almost got a small shot of toast much like Solub Arome’s Breakfast, but nowhere near as strong. I’ll know more when I get to Sobucky’s Shortbread Biscuit to see if that is still present. As it stood, it was shockingly good, and full at the low weight of 1%. For you US’ers, it’s not a “Bisquik” biscuit, and for you UK’ers, it’s like YOUR kind of biscuit, which is more of a cookie. Dry enough to keep it’s biscuit on, but not too dry. If you like a European Biscuit, and love it with a Creamy Caramel with an almost buttery richness, this one SHOULD be on your list. I actually double checked myself throughout the test, LOOKING for anything I could nitpick, and I couldn’t. Too damned tasty, for even a minor markdown. If you hate this, you’ll HAVE to let me know, as to my tastes, squarely a 10/10.

… is to die for.

1.0% SFT
0.5% + Mixes

6 Likes

I used 1.5% in a mix and it does settle after 4-5 days. I used it in an ice cream mix and I first thought it was too strong but it settled nicely. Great flavor!

7 Likes

thanks for the info soon as I get home from work im mixing some up…
can i vape it alone? or too strong?

3 Likes

thanks for the info

3 Likes

is the recipe listed?
id like to try it

3 Likes

You’re welcome @ladycrooks. HELL YEAH you can vape it alone. Just start small @ 0.5-0.75%, and if that’s not enough, step it up till you’re happy. I SFT’d it at 1.0%, and it was ROCKING !!!

5 Likes

If you don’t have FW Salted Caramel you should check it out :+1:. It’s been one of my favorite additions to SSA Caramel Biscuit.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice and no I don’t have FW salted caramel. The description salted always put me off although I have read to ignore that and it appears very popular.
Looks like I should pick it up and actually try it for myself.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the milkshake dairy ssa yet and what where their thoughts

3 Likes

@Psycho_316 it’s one of the new ones not available in the US, and I’m not sure who’s carrying it.

1 Like