Son of First Gearbest order

dear friends,
any help need me to do for you?
how about your order now?

You could track my order W1702232040175329 and tell me where it is.
For some reason I am unable to track on the site given to me.
http://pmi.est.pos.com.my/

Try 17track they track for tons of diff carriers including Malaysia post

Thatā€™s an order number not a tracking number

hi dear,
your tracking number is GEGMY00015234,pls have a check in this website: http://www.sky56.cn/track/track/index

maybe you could contact the post office to check the package.
other help,pls feel free to PM me.
nice day!
Anny

Well, just when you think it will never comeā€¦it showed up today!!
Thanks!

1 Like

Wish mine would. It appears to be stuck in the shipping container somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

Well, it has now been 21 days since I placed my order, and from what I can tell by the tracking information it is still sitting somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Does it normally take a container ship 3 weeks to cross the ocean?
The company I work for regularly imports from the Shenzhen port. The shipments make it from China to the US, then from the port of entry to a distribution center, split and distributed to the (800+) stores in 3 weeks.
So ā€¦ where is my order?

I think itā€™s a national holiday in China until the 5th. Shipping has been slower than usual lately, my last order took 16 days to get to me and 7 of those was it sitting in Dublin. Then thereā€™s an order for some wire thatā€™s taken 2 week just to leave Florida, from Florida.

1 Like

They donā€™t call it ā€œslow boat from chinaā€ for nothing.

4 Likes

I usually order something from gear best and or fasttech once a week, so I donā€™t usually have to go more than a week for vape mail lol.

3 Likes

So it has now been over a month since I placed my order with Gearbest. Still havenā€™t received my merchandise and the tracking information has not changed. I have been in touch with Gearbest on several occasions and they keep stalling. Give it 1 more week, give it 2 more weeks, etc. I assume they are trying to stall me until I canā€™t file a claim through paypal, which I just did.
I will never order anything from any overseas company again. ESPECIALLY GEARBEST. @June
A classic example of "First time, shame on you. Second time, shame on me."
If anyone from Gearbest is reading this, and would like to see the emails, just let me know. I have them all on file. @June

I will never order from GearBest again. But I havenā€™t give up on all overseas companies. Last few items

FastTech 11 days
3FVape 12 days

And an contest prize from Heaven Gifts came in an astonishing 8 days.

Fasttech has great pricing and selection (if it doesnā€™t go outta stock before they cart up your order), but man, Slowtech doesnā€™t even seem to do them justice.

In my experience, it depends on if the item is in stock or not and what shipping option I choose. If the item Iā€™m ordering says ā€œIn Stockā€ or ā€œShips Next Dayā€ and I choose ePacket shipping (usually costs an extra $0.50 to $2) it typically ships within 48 hours and I normally get my item in around two weeks. My last order Fasttech shipped in 24 hours and I received it in 16 days, and the one before that shipped in 24 hours and was received in 9 days. The longest Iā€™ve waited for an in stock item is 18 days and that only happened once, 16 and 17 days has happened once each also. But those are exceptions because Iā€™d say the average time it takes me to receive my order, from checkout to in my PO Box, is 12 days. To me, thatā€™s not too bad considering there is 8,000 miles and an ocean between us, as well as customs and whatnot.

Fasttech is definitely terrible at predicting when they will have stock. So if you order something with an ETA or make a pre-order, it can take a lot longer. At times, indefinitely longer, as they have a habit of pushing their ETAs back when they donā€™t get stock on the day they predicted.

Also, unless you are really in no hurry, donā€™t order batteries from any Chinese vendor. They have to take the slow boat since they canā€™t fly and will take what seems like forever. But I wouldnā€™t, and donā€™t, order my batteries from China with how cheap you can get them stateside.

I prefaced this all with in my experience, because obviously YMMV.

1 Like

Iā€™ve placed 4 orders with Gearbest, and will never make another one.

Order #1. Last tracking message was from Kuala Lumpur, 2 months later support keeps stalling ā€“ wait another week, wait 2 moreā€¦ Hereā€™s a deadline, hereā€™s a new deadline, ask your carrier (USPS investigation concluded that the package never reached the US), wait another week and ask the carrier againā€¦

Order #2. An order accepted, then about a week later ā€“ ā€œcancelled for non-paymentā€. WAT?

Order #3. Rather large order, paid through PayPal. Everything is in stock (according to GB) and/or ā€œships in 1-3 daysā€. 10 days of silence, then I open a support ticket, asking why my stuff is not in the mail yet. Their reply ā€“ ā€œThe items you ordered are banned in your country, weā€™ll issue a refundā€. WAT?!?! Iā€™m in the US, and there was nothing ā€œbannedā€ in my order!

Order #4. Supposedly shipped by Azerbaijan mail (whereā€™s Azerbaijan and whereā€™s China? makes no sense), photo of the package is 100% blur. Tracking number is not accepted even by Azerbaijanā€™s own tracker 2 weeks after a supposed shipping.

Never had a single problem with either Fasttech nor the 3FVape. Gearbest success ratio ā€“ 0 out of 4. I think I see how they could afford a ā€œflash saleā€ pricingā€¦

3 Likes

A bit concerned now as I placed an order at the beginning of the week and didnā€™t see this thread!
Just hope that my mod arrives when expected?

1 Like

Iā€™ve used FT and GB in the past. GB had it in my mailbox 13 days after I ordered it, which is something. FT did it in two weeks twice, and 4 weeks once. All were in stock at the time of ordering. And in fact, the long delay on one of my FT orders was USPS domestic. It sat in Chicago for over a week, until I submitted a request for assistance, when it suddenly office hopped to my door in two days.

I wouldnā€™t worry too much, unless itā€™s during Chinese New Years when they completely shut down for like a month.

4 Likes

Thanks @TW12
It is par for the course that I go ahead and order something and then find out some dodgy reviews! LOL

2 Likes

Just checked my mail and although I have my PayPal receipt I havenā€™t got an order confirmation from gear best?
Is this the norm from them?
I do have my order number though.

1 Like