Sorry everyone!

The provost called me the comma slasher. I was using commas like quarter rests in music notation. Feel free, to correct me, if I relapse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Personally, I donā€™t see any problem, really, at all. But, that is, of course, just me.

10 Likes

I have always told my students that if I have to raise my voice, that is not a warning just a courtesy shown before your dramatic evisceration.

6 Likes

I just ,take any punctuation ,as an excuse ,to take ,a vape while,readingā€¦ā€¦ :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Iā€™ll certainly need a vape break after reading a fragment with six clauses and incorrect spacing.

7 Likes

LOL, itā€™s for EMPHASIS.

7 Likes

8 Likes

I know that this is a poisoned chalice but I may try to convince Americans that emphasis comes from structure, punctuation, and syntax. But, while the ā€˜not jokeā€™ continues to exists - all is doomed when flagging sarcasm is needed to show that a humorous point was made.

6 Likes

Well, after you have submitted your homework.

4 Likes

Sadly, most of those who actually DID come to ELR for grammatical Tips and Tricks have been weeded out.

3 Likes

I can understand why few would remain.

5 Likes

Ok you guys making fun of my sorry ass now or what?
And i apoligize in advance if I am jumping the 6 shooter.
But if I am right, I make fun of myself enough daily!
It isnā€™t necessary. I know all about my stupidity.

11 Likes

Not at all, we are laughing at @D.Sims @SessionDrummer and @SquirrelSmash conversations regarding the weirdness of how a written story is visualized with the ā€œcapitalisation virusā€.
You are a very strong woman and I am so proud of you for kicking that arrogant man to the trash bin!

10 Likes

Weā€™d never conscience attacking someone due to their misfortune, well except if they are French or German. Some of us just went down a rabbit hole of silliness while expressing our care and concern for you.

We are a silly bunch:

9 Likes

Absolutely not @ladycrooks. @SquirrelSmash doesnā€™t AGREE How SD and I write in a forum setting, so thatā€™s all it was. I hope youā€™re all good now. Enjoy this Beautiful Friday!!

9 Likes

Donā€™t agree? I was merely reminding you that you are wrong.

8 Likes

Youā€™re safe @ladycrooks.

7 Likes

Iā€™m good @SquirrelSmash. You must be pulling your hair out when reading my posts!! lol!! Itā€™s just how I do.

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry. I have virtually no hair left to pull out. And, luckily for most of humanity, I confine any annoyance to satire and stilettos.

7 Likes

Say what?

Say that again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Uh oh, sounds like weā€™re in trouble.

6 Likes