Source for cheap shoelace wicks?

Does anyone know where to buy these things in bulk to reduce the price?

I’ve tried a sample that came with an RTA I bought and it’s good and easy. The only objection I have is the price compared to KGD or Muji (which works just as well). I wouldn’t mind buying some stock of those shoelaces if the price was right though. I’m wicking and rewicking a little too often to pay about $4 or $5 for 20 pieces.

4 Likes

I just use some transparent tape like Sella tape or tesa film. Take a bit of cotton as thick as you need it and twice as long. Wrap some film tape around the middle and press it so it gets thinner. Then cut it in half. Takes some practice but it works fine. Or just wrap it around the end if that’s easier for you.

6 Likes

Might want to Google-Fu them by their ‘official’ name, agleted cotton. May get more sources?

4 Likes

Sounds more complicated and time consuming than the regular cotton pads :smiley:
The only reason I’m interested is because the pads require peeling off the outer layer and cutting them to size while the laces are just grab and wick.

3 Likes

Actually that sounds workable. Thanx for sharing. Gonna give it a try.

5 Likes

Last time I got shoelace was on amazon, was a good deal, don’t remember the price, but that’s all I use now (lazy) 1, lace does 2 coils for me😎

3 Likes

Got any brand recommendations/link? There are so many different ones :smiley:
I just ordered a box of advken’s on fasttech to try out but those are the short ones (1 per coil)

4 Likes

I’ve been using Vapefly firebolt, seems a little too thick for 3mm to me, so I shred just a little off and save the extra.

4 Likes

Not coming up on Amazon now, 2.99 at FT

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve read that for the v2, same comments on the Advkens. I’ve seen v3 of the Firebolts are color coded for 2.5, 3 or 3.5mm. Seems like a waste though because I only use 3mm.

When my cotton’s slightly too thick, I just pull it left and right until it glides through with ease.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve hear that about the color coded, but hadn’t found it, personally I’d prefer the 2.5 for 3mm if I could find it

3 Likes

Looks like the ADVKEN is the best deal, I’d go with that but I’m not picky with my cotton like some ppl

4 Likes

If they’re good, I’ll probably buy a pack of 5 boxes, $3.80 for 50 wicks isn’t that bad

4 Likes

Yeah I would, still got a bunch of the Vapefly but when I run low definitely look into that, if ya get ‘um lets know what you think. Not that I’m picky about cotton just curious now😎

5 Likes

I’ve been getting the Demon Killer Slacker from fastech (when they ship) for $2.62/60pcs. It’s really only good for 2.5mm coils, which for me is perfect. They have a s***load more brands and diameters from reasonable to like hell I’m payin’ that much.

5 Likes

G-Taste Preloaded Shoelace Cotton Special Price $1.27

https://www.3avape.com/g-taste-preloaded-shoelace-cotton.html

4 Likes

At the end of this thread, I’ll probably have enough wicks to last me a lifetime :smiley:
Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Well, you don’t HAVE to buy them all. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Wait, what … ??

3 Likes

Maybe, but how am I going to compare them then? :wink:

4 Likes