Spyware or ELR?

Gotcha… I’m not familiar with dev consoles and assumed you were referring to Chrome since my settings looked basically identical. Thanks. I’ll start logging and let you know what happens.

I’ve got the console open and set to “preserve log”. I’ll fiddle around a bit and see if I can trigger it, most of the time its while idle or clicking a recipe. I don’t need the console open to record this stuff do I daath?

@daath How are the ads delivered? Is it random? Are the same ads displayed for everyone at the same time? Does the ad script use existing browser data to display ads relevant to the user? I browse mostly anonymously and clear all data on exit in Firefox because this can be an issue with some scripts.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem. It’s actually three ad-networks delivering ads to ELR - No idea how they’re chosen or anything. I am certain that it isn’t my main ad provider, as they only deliver e-cig-related ads - google ads and the other network are wider, and it has to come from one of those two. I’ll keep my eye out and report it to the proper party if I find out what’s going on. I might even cut one of them off to see if it disappears (thus revealing the culprit network) - hopefully they’ll ban them from the network afterwards.

3 Likes

“The other network” - I would say it was this one, Google ads are usually pretty solid and I can’t see e-ads redirecting, I run firebug so if I see any redirects I’ll try and trace it

2 Likes

That would be my guess as well, but I have seen rogue ads on Google, though it was a good while ago…

1 Like

OK, I’ve narrowed it down to the other network - unfortunately I didn’t click “preserve log”, so now I am trying to reproduce it just one more time :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I made some changes, rather than cutting them out. Let me know if you (after you’ve cleared your caches) if you get it still - you shouldn’t! :slight_smile:

3 Likes