Squid double barrel mod disaster

Been using the squid double barrel mod since last September and have loved it. http://squidvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1707

Until last night. Changed batteries and it sounded like a jet engine. Batteries were in correctly. I use a max pro mesh coil. It got so hot it turned red and started smoking. Managed to get batteries out and eventually got the tank off.

So let it sit for a couple of hours. Put different batteries in and it comes on normally. Put on a different tank and without pushing the button it starts firing at full throttle. So it looks like the mod is shot.

Checked the warranty and it is still good but they state you have to have all the original packaging, etc. So guess I am in the market for a new mod.

Just sad.

5 Likes

Man @scifoc that sucks. I ended up breaking my original one, but it had a hard life, and lived through FAR more drops than would EVER be expected to survive. Mine just failed to fire, but it served me well. I should look around, and see if I have any original packaging around here anywhere. Maybe I could …

5 Likes

Is it a v3 and if so what color? I have boxes for the flower of life and inferno.

6 Likes

You might consider sending it to @Sprkslfly he collects broken mods.

5 Likes

V2. I only have like a week left on the warranty.

4 Likes

Bummer. Join the fb squid group and ask.

5 Likes

Hopefully you can find the box. If you miss the warranty, perhaps you can fix it yourself.

4 Likes

I think that’s BS for them to do that. You shouldn’t be required to retain the box to meet warranty requirements. Maybe the serial number is only on the packaging and not the mod, but still that’s a dink way to do things.

6 Likes

Over 5 to 6 years of vaping and buying mods,the only ones I could truly recommend would be mechanical ones. The only regulated mod I’ve ever owned, that has lasted more than about 6 months is my Aegis Legend by Geek Vape ( although that will probably pack up now that I’ve said that).Even mods with Mosfet chips, which is a much simpler system,never last long. Not for me anyway. The amount of devices I’ve fallen in love with, that just end with them ‘flashing’ at me, or making horrible noises and threatening to blow me up, is endless. A bit like most of the relationships I’ve had ,lol. Having never purchased a DNA mod ( you know, the ridiculously expensive ones) I cant comment on those. I’m reluctant to buy anything with a chip in now.

3 Likes

If only. I’ve enough old broken mods to open a store, if I knew how , and had the wherewithall to fix them.

3 Likes

Me too dude, me too.

I was reading this post and thought. Did I write that? I could have. Those could be my words. LOL

3 Likes

I’ve been vaping about 5y and only regulated device that’s died is the one I viciously killed.

6 Likes

Did you open it up and check the connections from the firing button to the 510 connection?

2 Likes

Do you remember the Dimitri? I thank the vape gods I bought it back when. Not sure if they are still available.

4 Likes

@muth wasn’t is Phil Busardo that was all over them ?

2 Likes

LMAO…yeah, the bromance of the decade! :two_men_holding_hands: :cupid:

2 Likes

Guess I could try. I normally break more things electrical than I fix when I try to work on them.

4 Likes

I wish I had one myself but I just took a quick look and I see that the firing button also controls the wattage. Very interesting, there could be something going on in that connection. It’s also very close to the screen and looks very accessible by way of the 2 screws on the top. Idk, but maybe that top deck will lift up exposing everything. Just loosen the screws and gently lift the top enough so you can peek inside. What have you got to lose?

3 Likes

I must have still been on my Eleaf I stick at the time .Dont time fly when you’re having fun? Seems Letitia has escaped the curse, but she fails to mention which mods of hers have stood the test of time .If she goes around needlessly killing mods I suspect the ‘‘Vicious Ant’’ could be her one of choice ,lol.

3 Likes

Idk about that, I believe I met her on the Shinyitis thread at ECF. I do know that we both love and own the Ehpro Cold Steel mod(s). They’re regulated but simply so and very solidly built. I’ve dropped mine repeatedly on my wooden floor falling asleep with it in my hands. The only damage done was a dent in the floor :laughing:

6 Likes