Squonk mod recommendation

Hey everybody :heart:

Thanks for yoyr help. Eventually I ordered pukse v2.

Another question - is it ok to charge me 18650 or 21700 battery via usb while it’s in my mod?

I know that most people say that a charger is better but I have only one mod with a battery and I don’t really want to buy charger just for pulse v2 batteries… is it REALLY critical ?

Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s ok to charge batteries in the mod. You do risk wearing out the plug on the mod. So you may want to look for a simple single battery charger for 18650/2x700 they can be found for cheap on Amazon.

4 Likes

I’ve found that in general, single battery mods are ok to use as chargers. Dual battery mods may not always offer true balance charging and are frowned upon. I usually charge all my batteries in an external charger and sometimes use the refresh option on them to get a little more life out of them. It’s also nice to have if/when you want to have a ready to go spare battery on hand.

4 Likes

Yeah but get a charger and another battery you’ll thank me when you pick up the mod and want a toot and it’s flat ,and to answer your question what one ,xstar do a two battery and so do nitecore both are more than adequate :+1:

4 Likes

The problem with cheap shitty sqounkers is they have proprietary bottles. So if you’re lucky enough to have a cheaper mod last a long time, if the bottles fail, you will be without.

Find something where you can find a standard size, sadly I don’t know the state of the DNA mods but you pay more for a reliable chip and can pick and choose bottles as you see fit

2 Likes

All my vaporesso mods live forever :man_shrugging:t2:

Have some really old models that still work perfect…

2 Likes

As for that mod you want to use a 21700. If you use a 18650 it wont last long at all.

3 Likes