Stawberry Tobacco ideas

I’ve been experimenting with trying to make a strawberry tobacco and it’s been a little more difficult than I thought it would be. My first couple of mixes were using Alpine strawberry with some different FLV tobacco’s but I think the Alpine even at very small percentages just came out really funky like way to perfumy. What other types of strawberries would go well with tobacco? I guess I should describe the type of tobacco that I’m aiming for. I really enjoy native FLV, red USA, kinda dry sweet and slightly cured.

2 Likes

Could you post a link to your flavor stash?
INW Shisha Strawberry comes to mind but it really depends a bit on what you personally like. I’d figure some kind of sweet, syrup-like, darker SB flavor would go well with some tobaccos. I would avoid SB that tastes too fresh / green / acidic but then again, it all comes down to preference. Some of the weirdest combinations can sometimes turn out really good.

2 Likes

post up a recipe… Alpine is best with 1-3 drops (per 30ml) or .12%

2 Likes

I really didn’t like Alpine even at .1% it just smells and tastes 2 Floral for my liking. I enjoy strawberry ripe and sweet strawberry and things like that. I’ll post a recipe in a minute

2 Likes

My senior memory may have short circuited, but I think @Kinnikinnick experimented using strawberry as a substitute for DNB in a tobacco recipe a few years ago. I may be off base, but maybe if he sees this he can comment.

2 Likes

cool, I guess maybe a better question would be what tobaccos go good with a sweet fruity strawberry that doesn’t really have super potent floral notes. I know some tobacco’s have a heavy grass taste I don’t think that would work too good. Maybe a cream could help pair a dry tobacco with a fruity strawberry?

2 Likes

Red burley flv would be my first try.
This worked well for me and could be adapted to strawberry I guess, a bit light on tobacco though

1 Like

Cool so I tried a bit of that red burley and mixed it with a tobacco mix I had around that’s Fig and Sweet & Smokey FLV. Then I mixed that with the Strubarb custard recipe that uses that INW strawberry and its just perfect. I think the rhubarb and fig help the tobacco mix with the strawberry. Very YUM thanks for the tips all

1 Like