Steeping Fruit Mixes?!

Hello everyone,

I’ve been mixing my own juice for a couple years now- and have had a few winners- and a few losers as we all have.

My question is… Do fruits actually need a steep?! I shake and vape them all for a quick test, but batch like 4 different mixes at 120ml to last me awhile, so they get to sit regardless.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

P.S.

Bakeries are another complete beast…

8 Likes

Personally ( some may disagree), all blends benefit from a few hours to rest and marry (I reject shake and vape completely). I have a few 500mls resting before I bottle them for clients.

I tend to carry 120mls too for my daily vapes. Do you only love baked vapes? (not my area).

8 Likes

It depends on what’s mixed with, for the most part.

8 Likes

@D.Sims great responses already, and it does depend. I think there was always feelings that fruits could be shake and vaped regardless, but I find although they take a lot LESS time to steep/homogenize, they still benefited from it as well. As you mentioned, clearly we’re not talking bakeries and custards here, but even fruits can present as dissimilar and disjointed fresh, even sharp.

7 Likes

Fruit is about all I vape and always prefer the mixes after at least a 2w steep, better at 4w.

8 Likes

Yeah I think fruits need steeping. Take for example the new mangos from Flavorah. Decent snv but after a week they really shine. I think most profiles are better after steeping. The only mix I have found really good off the snv that doesn’t change much are some simple peppermint recipes I do.

7 Likes

Yes fruits benefit from 1 to 4 days and then if yiu have cream or custard its longer…You will hear other dismissing steeping but at one time they also steeped things …You can make a recuoe that is good off the shake but give that mix some time and it will blossom…That same mix can also go the other way so steeping is a great way to lkniw how yiur recipe holds up

4 Likes

Thanks for the response brother. I DO love my bakeries, but also enjoy a fruity mix every now and again to clean the palette. I will let them sit longer just out of principle. :smiley:

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you too brother. I’ve read your stuff- and appreciate your views and mixing abilities. My hat is off. :metal:

I still have a lot to learn in this game. I always felt a good steep was well worth it, so you guys have confirmed this for me. #appreciated

My mixes are starting to taste like store bought juices as of late- “some, not all” and want to continue developing my technique.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan

4 Likes

Okey dokey. I have a girl whinging about bakery blends. Can I bother you about them at some point? (maybe in a few weeks)

3 Likes

Okay. I Hope your blends go well.

I’m finishing blends from December for my sins.

3 Likes

Not much use to you within the context of your question but personally I steep every juice I mix for 14 days regardless of its flavour.
Admittedly if I’ve mixed different taste profiles I will always test the fruity ones first.

Old habits die hard as they say.

5 Likes