Steeping....! How do you know when its done?

Hi all…so…how do I know when my juice is completely steeped? Does it HAVE to turn that amber color for me to know it’s done or do some stay clear?

1 Like

Nope, some flavors will always stay pretty much clear. Best way to know if it’s steeped is to taste it along the way.

3 Likes

Ok…that’s good. I made 6 ml bottles yesterday. I did put them in a warm water bath, until the water was room temp…how will the taste change when it’s done? More flavor? Less flavor?

In general flavors will get stronger. But there are some flavors (for instance certain citruses) that mellow out, and others that change completely. I would taste them soon to see what they’re like right off the bat, and then periodically every few days or weeks.

1 Like

No health risks to vaping an unsteeped liquid??

There shouldn’t be any more health risks from vaping fresh juice than there are from vaping steeped juice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok…so the entire point of steeping is only for flavor purposes…its not about the nicotine? I thought it had to do with mellowing the nicotine to make it more enjoyable and safe to vape. Thanks!!!

That’s correct!

1 Like

Any time you inhale liquid that isn’t ready it affects your attitude. (lolololol)

4 Likes

And makes me scramble to find a good SNV to mix If I’m out of something to vape!
:grin:

2 Likes

I think the popper comes out like on a turkey

5 Likes

4 weeks natural steep minimum, if the mix does not taste good, it is a failed mix.

1 Like

Hi Lisa @VapeyMama has you on the right track… The only person who can say a mix is done is you and your taste buds… Some mixes you might think are great freshly mixed others might think it needs 2 weeks of steep time… I use a warm bath for shake and vapes only… I generally use a higher vg mix and warming it up in very warm water thins the vg and allows me to shake the crap out of it to help it blend quicker… If I make a mix that I know needs to steep I don’t bother with a hot water bath because if it sits for 2 weeks it will blend the exact same with or without the hot water bath… Complex mixes , creams and custards general rule of thumb is a 2 to 4 week steep in a cool dark place… Slowing the flavors to blend and age all by themselves… Some fruit mixes are good after a couple days or 1 to 2 weeks… Again this is all subjective and all depends on how you like the taste. The experimenting and taste testing is half the fun :slight_smile: anyway that is my .02 cents hope this helps happy vaping

3 Likes

Lol…your 2 cents is worth a lot…thank u all for the advice

2 Likes